- 1 kilogram frozen turkey breast roll
- 6 slices (90g) prosciutto
- 4 medium (920g) pears, cored, sliced thickly
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup (125ml) verjuice
- 20 gram butter, chopped
- 1Preheat the oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced).
- 2Thaw turkey according to the packet instructions. Remove the turkey from the foil tray, discard foil tray. Wrap the turkey roll in the prosciutto. Using kitchen string, tie up the turkey roll to maintain shape during cooking; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place in a large, greased baking dish; cover baking dish tightly with foil. Roast, covered, for 40 minutes.
- 3Meanwhile, combine sliced pear, sugar and one tablespoon oil in a medium bowl.
- 4Brush the turkey all over with the remaining olive oil; increase the oven temperature to 220°C (200°C fan-forced). Add pears to baking dish with the turkey. Roast for a further 35 minutes or until turkey is cooked through and pears are browned and tender.
- 5Remove turkey and pears from baking dish, cover with foil; stand for 10 minutes. Add verjuice to baking dish; cook, stirring, over high heat, for about 1 minute or until thickened slightly. Remove baking dish from heat. Add butter, stirring until combined. Pour sauce into jug.
- 6Serve sliced turkey roll with the pears and pan juices.
Use beef, chicken or pork fillet as a substitute for the turkey breast roll. Verjuice, made from the juice of unfermented grapes, looks similar to vinegar, but is not as acidic as vinegar or lemon juice. You can substitute equal quantities of white balsamic and water.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Vietnamese beef saladToday 6:23am
- Kale recipes you'll go crazy forSep 28, 2020
- Cauliflower 'fried rice' with mushrooms and hamSep 28, 2020
- Cauliflower recipesSep 27, 2020
- Easy Danish pastriesSep 27, 2020
- Lamb and spinach samosasSep 27, 2020
- Garibaldi sliceSep 27, 2020
- White sauceSep 27, 2020
- Our best brussels sprouts recipesSep 27, 2020
- 22 marvellous muffin recipesSep 27, 2020
- Creamed corn and bacon cob loafSep 25, 2020
- Delicious dessert recipes with ricottaSep 24, 2020
- Spiced beef nachosSep 24, 2020
- Curried sausagesSep 24, 2020
- 25 sweet strawberry dessert recipesSep 24, 2020
- Stuffed capsicumSep 24, 2020