- 1 kilogram frozen turkey breast roll
- 6 slices (90g) prosciutto
- 4 medium (920g) pears, cored, sliced thickly
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup (125ml) verjuice
- 20 gram butter, chopped
- 1Preheat the oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced).
- 2Thaw turkey according to the packet instructions. Remove the turkey from the foil tray, discard foil tray. Wrap the turkey roll in the prosciutto. Using kitchen string, tie up the turkey roll to maintain shape during cooking; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place in a large, greased baking dish; cover baking dish tightly with foil. Roast, covered, for 40 minutes.
- 3Meanwhile, combine sliced pear, sugar and one tablespoon oil in a medium bowl.
- 4Brush the turkey all over with the remaining olive oil; increase the oven temperature to 220°C (200°C fan-forced). Add pears to baking dish with the turkey. Roast for a further 35 minutes or until turkey is cooked through and pears are browned and tender.
- 5Remove turkey and pears from baking dish, cover with foil; stand for 10 minutes. Add verjuice to baking dish; cook, stirring, over high heat, for about 1 minute or until thickened slightly. Remove baking dish from heat. Add butter, stirring until combined. Pour sauce into jug.
- 6Serve sliced turkey roll with the pears and pan juices.
Use beef, chicken or pork fillet as a substitute for the turkey breast roll. Verjuice, made from the juice of unfermented grapes, looks similar to vinegar, but is not as acidic as vinegar or lemon juice. You can substitute equal quantities of white balsamic and water.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Classic lamingtonsJan 25, 2020
- Lamington popsJan 25, 2020
- Beet and black bean burgerJan 23, 2020
- Sticky wing with sesame saltJan 23, 2020
- Salmon and potato salad with mustardy dressingJan 23, 2020
- How to bake basic damper while campingJan 23, 2020
- Korean-style barbecued chicken riceJan 23, 2020
- "Eat your greens" chicken saladJan 23, 2020
- Sticky pork with sweet and sour saladJan 23, 2020
- Broccoli and paneer saag curryJan 23, 2020
- Roast pumpkin dip with spiced chickpeasJan 23, 2020
- Szechuan-style chilli eggplantJan 23, 2020
- Paper cup popsiclesJan 23, 2020
- Green minestrone with pestoJan 23, 2020