- 1 kilogram frozen turkey breast roll
- 6 slices (90g) prosciutto
- 4 medium (920g) pears, cored, sliced thickly
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup (125ml) verjuice
- 20 gram butter, chopped
- 1Preheat the oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced).
- 2Thaw turkey according to the packet instructions. Remove the turkey from the foil tray, discard foil tray. Wrap the turkey roll in the prosciutto. Using kitchen string, tie up the turkey roll to maintain shape during cooking; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place in a large, greased baking dish; cover baking dish tightly with foil. Roast, covered, for 40 minutes.
- 3Meanwhile, combine sliced pear, sugar and one tablespoon oil in a medium bowl.
- 4Brush the turkey all over with the remaining olive oil; increase the oven temperature to 220°C (200°C fan-forced). Add pears to baking dish with the turkey. Roast for a further 35 minutes or until turkey is cooked through and pears are browned and tender.
- 5Remove turkey and pears from baking dish, cover with foil; stand for 10 minutes. Add verjuice to baking dish; cook, stirring, over high heat, for about 1 minute or until thickened slightly. Remove baking dish from heat. Add butter, stirring until combined. Pour sauce into jug.
- 6Serve sliced turkey roll with the pears and pan juices.
Use beef, chicken or pork fillet as a substitute for the turkey breast roll. Verjuice, made from the juice of unfermented grapes, looks similar to vinegar, but is not as acidic as vinegar or lemon juice. You can substitute equal quantities of white balsamic and water.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Salt and vinegar roast potatoesToday 1:33am
- DukkahYesterday 11:00pm
- Mocha mi suYesterday 1:00pm
- Sausage rollsYesterday 1:00pm
- Crackling hamYesterday 1:00pm
- How to make buttercream icing for cakes and cupcakesYesterday 1:11am
- Rich chocolate fudge recipeDec 10, 2019
- Classic roast chicken with gravyDec 10, 2019
- ColeslawDec 09, 2019
- Honey soy nutsDec 09, 2019
- Millionaire's shortbreadDec 09, 2019
- Christmas celebration salad with maple dressingDec 09, 2019
- Spinach dip cob loafDec 08, 2019
- Spiced sweet potato tartDec 08, 2019
- Sweet potato, mint and goat’s cheese tartletsDec 08, 2019
- Christmas dinners that aren't Christmas hamDec 08, 2019