- 1 large brown onion (200g), chopped finely
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 medium potatoes (400g), trimmed, chopped coarsely
- 170 gram asparagus, chopped coarsely
- 2 medium zucchini (240g), sliced thinly
- 2 eggs
- 6 egg whites
- 1/3 cup (80ml) skim milk
- 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh herbs (see tips)
- 1/2 cup (60g) frozen peas
- 1 1/2 tablespoon finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill sprigs
- 1Heat medium (20cm base) non-stick frying pan over medium heat; cook onion and garlic, stirring, about 10 minutes or until onion is browned lightly.
- 2Meanwhile, boil, steam or microwave potato, asparagus and zucchini, separately, until tender; drain.
- 3Whisk eggs, egg whites, milk and herbs in medium jug; season.
- 4Add potato, asparagus and zucchini to pan. Pour egg mixture over vegetables; sprinkle with peas. Reduce heat to low; cook, uncovered, about 10 minutes or until frittata is almost set. Sprinkle with cheese.
- 5Preheat grill (broiler).
- 6Grill frittata about 2 minutes or until set. Stand frittata in pan 5 minutes before serving sprinkled with dill.
We used a mixture of parsley, basil and dill for this recipe, but you can use any herbs you like. If your frying pan does not have a heatproof handle, cover the handle with aluminium foil to protect it from the heat of the grill. Frittata can be served warm or cold. Reheat slices of frittata, covered, in a microwave oven on HIGH (100%) for about 1½ minutes.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Citrus almond twistAug 20, 2019
- Pistachio and apricot baklava cakeAug 20, 2019
- 10 quick and easy dessertsAug 20, 2019
- Teriyaki salmonAug 19, 2019
- Pistachio, pink pepper & rose petal barkAug 19, 2019
- Garlicky mushroom pizzaAug 19, 2019
- Mushroom pie with minted mushy peasAug 18, 2019
- Mixed berry clafoutisAug 16, 2019
- Banoffee meringue with honeycombAug 15, 2019
- Spinach, cheese and potato cannelloniAug 15, 2019
- Pumpkin and maple bacon tarts with fried eggsAug 14, 2019
- Free-form mushroom and cheese tartAug 13, 2019
- Lumberjack cakeAug 11, 2019
- Salmon recipesAug 09, 2019
- 25 magical mushroom recipesAug 07, 2019