- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 kilogram boned lamb leg, chopped coarsely
- 1 medium brown onion (150g), chopped finely
- 3 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 fresh small red thai (serrano) chillies, chopped finely
- 2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground fenugreek
- 1/2 teaspoon ground tumeric
- 410 gram canned crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup (125ml) beef stock
- 100 gram baby spinach leaves, shredded finely
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped fresh coriander
- 1Heat half the oil in a 6-litre (24-cup) pressure cooker; cook lamb, in batches, until browned all over. Remove from cooker.
- 2Heat remaining oil in cooker; cook onion, garlic and chilli, stirring, until onion softens. Add spices; cook, stirring, until fragrant. Return lamb to cooker with tomatoes and stock; secure lid. Bring cooker to high pressure. Reduce heat to stabilise pressure; cook 25 minutes.
- 3Release pressure using the quick release method (see below); remove lid. Stir in spinach and coriander; season to taste.
If you have an electric pressure cooker you won't need to reduce the heat to stabilise pressure, your cooker will automatically stabilise itself. Always check the manufacturer's instructions before using. Each time the lid is removed from the cooker, the pressure must be released quickly first. Use tongs (steam can burn your fingers) to turn the pressure valve on top of the cooker to open the valve and release the steam. We use this method when adding ingredients and when checking the food toward the end of cooking time. Pack into freezer-proof containers, leaving a 2.5cm space to allow for expansion. Seal, label and freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in the fridge. Reheat in a saucepan or microwave on medium power (50%) until heated through.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 28 mango recipes for dessertOct 21, 2021
- 13 Spooky Halloween recipesOct 21, 2021
- Seeded pumpkin breadOct 21, 2021
- Apple crumbleOct 21, 2021
- Santorini tomato frittersOct 21, 2021
- Zucchini primavera with poached eggsOct 21, 2021
- Gluten-free banana breadOct 21, 2021
- Fresh tomato pizzettasOct 21, 2021
- Basic hummusOct 20, 2021
- Custard tartOct 20, 2021
- Our best hummus recipesOct 20, 2021
- Roti canai flatbreadOct 20, 2021
- Peaches and cream pieOct 20, 2021
- Our classic pavlova recipeOct 20, 2021