- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 kg chicken thigh fillets, quartered
- ¼ cup (75g) green curry paste
- 1 cup (250ml) coconut cream
- 2 medium zucchini (240g), sliced thickly
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon grated palm sugar
- 1/3 cup each loosely packed fresh coriander and Thai basil leaves
- 2 green onions, sliced thinly
- 1Heat half the oil in a 6-litre (24-cup) pressure cooker; cook chicken, in batches, until browned. Remove from cooker.
- 2Heat remaining oil in cooker; cook paste, stirring, for 3 minutes or until fragrant. Return chicken to cooker with coconut cream; secure lid. Bring cooker to high pressure. Reduce heat to stabilise pressure (see notes); cook for 5 minutes.
- 3Release pressure using quick-release method (see notes); remove lid. Add zucchini; secure lid. Bring cooker to high pressure. Reduce heat to stabilise pressure (see notes); cook for 2 minutes.
- 4Release pressure using quick-release method; remove lid. Stir in sauce, juice, sugar and half the herbs; season to taste. Serve sprinkled with remaining herbs and onion.
Serve with steamed jasmine rice.If you have an electric pressure cooker it will automatically pressurise itself. QUICK-RELEASE METHOD
For the quick-release method referred to in our recipes, always use tongs (steam can burn your fingers) to turn the pressure valve on top of the cooker to open the valve and release the steam. This will release the pressure quickly before you remove the lid. To check the food towards the end of the cooking time or to add more ingredients, follow this method.
We have used a 6-litre (24-cup) pressure cooker for the recipes on the following pages.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 28 mango recipes for dessertOct 21, 2021
- 13 Spooky Halloween recipesOct 21, 2021
- Seeded pumpkin breadOct 21, 2021
- Apple crumbleOct 21, 2021
- Santorini tomato frittersOct 21, 2021
- Zucchini primavera with poached eggsOct 21, 2021
- Gluten-free banana breadOct 21, 2021
- Fresh tomato pizzettasOct 21, 2021
- Basic hummusOct 20, 2021
- Custard tartOct 20, 2021
- Our best hummus recipesOct 20, 2021
- Roti canai flatbreadOct 20, 2021
- Peaches and cream pieOct 20, 2021
- Our classic pavlova recipeOct 20, 2021