If you don't have a pressure cooker you can try our classic bouef bourguignon recipe.
Pressure Cooker Beef Bourguignon
- 1 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 400 gram (12½ ounces) button mushrooms
- 1 dried bay leaf
- 3 sprigs fresh parsley
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- 1 kilogram (2 pounds) gravy beef, chopped coarsely
- 150 gram (4½ ounces) speck, chopped coarsely
- 1 brown onion (150g), chopped finely
- 3 clove garlic, crushed
- 2/3 cup (160ml) dry red wine
- 1/4 cup (70g) tomato paste
- 12 baby onions (300g)
- 1Heat 2 teaspoons of the oil in 6-litre (24-cup) pressure cooker; cook mushrooms until browned. Remove from cooker.
- 2Tie bay leaf, parsley and thyme together with kitchen string to make a bouquet garni. Heat remaining oil in cooker; cook beef, in batches, until browned. Remove from cooker.
- 3Cook speck in cooker until browned. Add chopped onion and garlic; cook, stirring, until onion softens. Return beef to cooker with wine, paste and bouquet garni; secure lid. Bring cooker to high pressure. Reduce heat to stabilise pressure; cook 35 minutes.
- 4Meanwhile, peel baby onions, leaving root ends intact.
- 5Release pressure using the quick release method; remove lid. Add baby onions and mushrooms; secure lid. Bring cooker to high pressure. Reduce heat to stabilise pressure; cook 10 minutes. Release pressure using the quick release method; remove lid. Discard bouquet garni. Season to taste.
If you have an electric pressure cooker you won't need to reduce the heat to stabilise pressure, your cooker will automatically stabilise itself. Always check with the manufacturer's instructions before using.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Apple and cinnamon crunch cake with cinnamon anglaiseYesterday 2:00pm
- Carrot falafelYesterday 2:00pm
- Turkish delightYesterday 2:00pm
- Spiced tofu bao with pineapple cucumber saladYesterday 2:00pm
- Zucchini koftas with harissa yoghurtYesterday 2:00pm
- 20 easy apple crumble recipes for dessertYesterday 2:00pm
- Crispy middle-eastern seed and spice potatoesYesterday 2:00pm
- 34 marvellous meatball recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Pork sausage and asparagus frittataYesterday 2:00pm
- Ratatouille stewMay 14, 2021
- Aussie damperMay 14, 2021
- 22 Indian recipesMay 13, 2021
- Brown rice and mushroom bowl with dukkah eggsMay 13, 2021
- Porridge recipes to warm up your morningsMay 13, 2021