- 200 gram peeled green prawns
- 1 rasher (70g) rindless bacon, roughly chopped
- 1 green onion (shallot), chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped coriander
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 6 slice wholemeal bread, crusts removed and quartered
- 1/4 cup (35g) sesame seeds
- vegetable oil, for frying
- dipping sauces of choice
- 1Combine prawns, bacon, green onion, coriander, ginger and garlic in a food processor. Process until finely chopped.
- 2Spread prawn mixture evenly onto one side of each piece of bread. Place sesame seeds on a plate. Dip bread, prawn side down, into seeds to coat.
- 3Heat oil in a wok on medium until a piece of bread sizzles when added. Place bread, prawn side down, in oil. Cook in batches about 30 seconds each side, until golden. Drain on paper towel. Serve with dipping sauces of choice.
Peeled prawns are available from seafood section of your supermarket. Remember to remove vein from prawn. Some ideas for sauces are sweet chilli or sweet and sour.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Easter chocolate bunny bottomsApr 18, 2019
- Easter bunny cakeApr 17, 2019
- Slow-cooked pickled porkApr 15, 2019
- Sausage casseroleApr 15, 2019
- PikeletsApr 15, 2019
- The best Anzac biscuit recipe of all timeApr 15, 2019
- Creamy bacon and fish pie with potato toppingApr 14, 2019
- Roast lambApr 14, 2019
- Roasted mushroom with baked eggsApr 10, 2019
- Chicken skewers with peach caprese saladApr 05, 2019
- Malted hazelnut layer cakeApr 05, 2019
- Salted caramelsApr 04, 2019
- Plum & hazelnut clafoutisApr 04, 2019
- Chocolate freckle Easter eggsApr 02, 2019
- White chocolate Easter bunny cupcakesApr 01, 2019