- 1/2 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1/3 cup fresh dill sprigs
- 1/4 cup fresh tarragon leaves
- 6 free-range eggs
- 1/2 cup (125ml) buttermilk
- 2 tablespoon dried breadcrumbs
- 500 gram cooked medium prawns
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium zucchini (240g), halved lengthways, sliced thinly
- 3 green onions (scallions), sliced thinly
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 cup (240g) frozen peas, thawed
- 2 1/4 cup (370g) frozen broad (fava) beans, thawed, peeled
- 1 medium lemon (140g), segmented
- 1 tablespoon baby salted capers, rinsed
- 1/3 cup (80g) ricotta, crumbled
- 1Coarsely chop half the parsley, dill and tarragon. Reserve remaining herbs.
- 2Whisk chopped herbs with eggs, buttermilk and breadcrumbs in a large bowl, season.
- 3Shell and devein prawns, leaving 6 prawns with tails intact.
- 4Preheat oven to 180°C.
- 5Heat oil in a 21cm ovenproof frying pan over medium heat, cook zucchini and green onion, stirring, for 5 minutes or until soft. Add garlic, peas and beans, cook, stirring, 1 minute or until fragrant. Add egg mixture, gently shake pan to distribute mixture. Cook over low-medium heat, without stirring, 5 minutes or until edge is set. Add prawns, placing prawns with tails upright in pan. Bake frittata 20 minutes or until the centre is just firm.
- 6Meanwhile, combine reserved herbs, lemon segments and capers in a small bowl.
- 7Serve frittata topped with lemon herb mixture and ricotta.
To segment the lemon, use a small sharp knife to cut the top and bottom from lemon. Cut off the rind with the white pith, following the curve of the fruit. Holding the lemon over a bowl, cut down both sides of the white membrane to release each segment. If you don't have an ovenproof frying pan, wrap the handle of your pan in several layers of foil to protect it. You can also cook the frittata in an oiled 21cm round ovenproof dish.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- RatatouilleToday 6:11am
- Sugar-free recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Easy cheesecake slicesYesterday 2:00pm
- 20 traditional Australian recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Dark and dreamy chocolate cakeYesterday 2:00pm
- Melting momentsAug 09, 2020
- Chai-roasted pumpkin soup with honey walnutsAug 09, 2020
- 20 Australian biscuits from our childhoodsAug 09, 2020
- Lemon curd and poppy seed crêpe cakeAug 09, 2020
- 15 sweet and savoury scrollsAug 09, 2020
- White sauceAug 09, 2020
- Beef stroganoffAug 09, 2020
- Yorkshire puddings with gravyAug 09, 2020
- How to make basic sconesAug 09, 2020
- 20 ways with lemon curdAug 09, 2020