- 500 gram uncooked medium king prawns (shrimp), shelled, deveined
- 250 gram scallops without roe
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon each finely chopped fresh vietnamese mint and fresh chervil
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped preserved lemon rind
- 2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 200 gram soft goat's cheese
- 275 gram packet round wonton or gow gee wrappers
- 1 tablespoon each finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley and fresh chervil
- 1/2 cup (125ml) olive oil
- 1/4 cup (60ml) lemon juice
- 1To make lemon dressing; place ingredients in screw-top jar; shake well.
- 2Coarsely chop prawns and scallops. Heat oil in large frying pan; cook seafood over medium heat until prawns change colour, cool.
- 3Combine seafood, herbs, preserved lemon, salt, pepper and cheese in medium bowl.
- 4Place a gow gee wrapper on bench; place a level tablespoon of the seafood mixture in centre, brush edge with water. Fold in half; bring two points together to make a crescent shape, press gently to seal. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- 5Cook tortellini in large saucepan of boiling water until tortellini floats to the top; drain. Transfer to large heatproof bowl; drizzle with a little dressing.
- 6Serve tortellini drizzled with remaining dressing; sprinkle with extra chervil sprigs to serve.
Cover gow gees with a damp tea towel to stop them drying out while making the tortellini. The tortellini can be made a day ahead; store, in a single layer, covered in plastic wrap, in the refrigerator until ready to cook. Preserved lemons can be bought from delicatessens and some supermarkets. Remove a piece of lemon from the jar, discard the lemon flesh. Rinse the rind under water, dry, then chop finely.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Fish skewers with labne & chilli tomato saladOct 30, 2020
- Vegan mayonnaiseOct 30, 2020
- Smoky tomato & bacon frittersOct 30, 2020
- Japanese cabbage pancakesOct 30, 2020
- Vegetable & lentil pot piesOct 30, 2020
- Lemon drizzle cakeOct 30, 2020
- Luscious lemon cakeOct 30, 2020
- Blueberry muffinsOct 29, 2020
- Broccoli, mustard and cheddar hand piesOct 29, 2020
- Chocolate slab cakeOct 28, 2020
- Sensational spring dinnersOct 28, 2020
- Easy vanilla cupcakesOct 28, 2020
- Chicken & watercress pasta saladOct 28, 2020