This recipe is from Taking Charge of Diabetes.
- 2 eggs
- 2 medium heads broccoli (700g), broken into florets
- 2 tablespoons reduced-salt soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion (150g), sliced thinly
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 4cm (1½in) piece fresh ginger, grated finely
- 2 fresh long red chillies, 1 seeded and chopped finely,
1 sliced thinly
- 400 grams (12½oz) uncooked prawns (shrimp), peeled, cleaned, halved lengthways
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3 green onions (scallions), 2 chopped finely, 1 sliced thinly lengthways
- 1 cup (120g) frozen peas
- 150 (4½oz) sugar snap peas, sliced thinly
- 2 cups (160g) bean sprouts
- 1Cook eggs in a saucepan of boiling water for 6 minutes. Run under cold water until cool; peel.
- 2Meanwhile, process broccoli until chopped finely to form broccoli 'rice'.
- 3Combine soy sauce and sesame oil in a small bowl.
- 4Heat olive oil in a large wok over high heat. Add onion; stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add garlic, ginger and chopped chilli; stir-fry for 30 seconds. Add prawns; stir-fry for 1 minute or until cooked through. Add the water; bring to the boil. Add chopped green onion and broccoli; stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add peas and sugar snap peas; stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add soy sauce mixture; stir-fry until well combined.
- 5Remove from heat. Stir through bean sprouts.
- 6Divide broccoli 'rice' and prawn mixture among four bowls or plates; top with sliced chilli, sliced green onion and half a boiled egg each.
- You can make this the night before and divide broccoli 'rice' and prawn mixture among four take-away containers or airtight containers. Refrigerate to take to work and reheat for lunch the next day.
- If you don't have a wok, use a large frying pan instead.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Mushroom filled beef fillet with port sauceDec 05, 2019
- Crispy roast potatoes with rosemary saltDec 05, 2019
- Turkey with apricot & hazelnut stuffingDec 05, 2019
- Coffee wreath (with chocolate sauce)Dec 05, 2019
- 34 side dishes to complete your Christmas mealDec 05, 2019
- Barbecued corn, spinach and avocado saladDec 05, 2019
- Roast beetroot and goat’s cheese terrineDec 05, 2019
- Nutella cheesecakeDec 05, 2019
- White Christmas sliceDec 05, 2019
- Dark plum jamDec 04, 2019
- Oysters with pink & green mignonette dressingsDec 04, 2019
- Ice-cream Christmas pudding logDec 04, 2019
- Herb-brined turkey breast in pancettaDec 04, 2019
- Coconut banana stacked cakeDec 03, 2019
- 2-in-1 basic fruit mixDec 02, 2019