Prawn and avocado salad
- 1 kilogram medium cooked prawns
- 200 gram snow peas, sliced thinly
- 1 bunch chives, chopped
- 100 gram baby spinach leaves
- 1 medium (250g) avocado, sliced
- 1/4 cup finely grated fresh ginger
- 1/3 cup (80ml) olive oil
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
Prawn and avocado salad with ginger dressing
- 1Peel and devein the prawns. Cut prawns in half lengthways.
- 2For the ginger dressing, press the grated ginger between two spoons over a small bowl, reserve the juice; discard ginger. Combine the olive oil, lemon juice, sugar, salt and pepper to taste in a screw-top jar; shake well. Add the ginger juice gradually, to taste.
- 3Combine the prawns, snow peas, chives, spinach and avocado in a large bowl.
- 4Just before serving, add the ginger dressing to salad; toss to combine.
You can use 500g cooked chicken breast fillets instead of the prawns, if desired. Ginger dressing can be made a day ahead. Salad is best made close to serving. Not suitable to freeze.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Pasta al forno - Italian sausage pasta bakeToday 7:48am
- Vietnamese beef saladToday 6:23am
- Lattice biscuit citrus cheesecakeToday 6:00am
- Hoot hoot horray owl birthday cakeToday 5:26am
- Cauliflower and parsley saladToday 2:56am
- Impressive no-bake cheesecakes to finish a mealToday 1:13am
- Easy lemon cheesecakeYesterday 2:00pm
- Perfect puff pastry recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Kale recipes you'll go crazy forSep 28, 2020
- Cauliflower 'fried rice' with mushrooms and hamSep 28, 2020
- Cauliflower recipesSep 27, 2020
- Lamb and spinach samosasSep 27, 2020
- Garibaldi sliceSep 27, 2020
- Easy Danish pastriesSep 27, 2020
- 22 marvellous muffin recipesSep 27, 2020
- Our best brussels sprouts recipesSep 27, 2020