Prawn and avocado salad
- 1 kilogram medium cooked prawns
- 200 gram snow peas, sliced thinly
- 1 bunch chives, chopped
- 100 gram baby spinach leaves
- 1 medium (250g) avocado, sliced
- 1/4 cup finely grated fresh ginger
- 1/3 cup (80ml) olive oil
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
Prawn and avocado salad with ginger dressing
- 1Peel and devein the prawns. Cut prawns in half lengthways.
- 2For the ginger dressing, press the grated ginger between two spoons over a small bowl, reserve the juice; discard ginger. Combine the olive oil, lemon juice, sugar, salt and pepper to taste in a screw-top jar; shake well. Add the ginger juice gradually, to taste.
- 3Combine the prawns, snow peas, chives, spinach and avocado in a large bowl.
- 4Just before serving, add the ginger dressing to salad; toss to combine.
You can use 500g cooked chicken breast fillets instead of the prawns, if desired. Ginger dressing can be made a day ahead. Salad is best made close to serving. Not suitable to freeze.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Tom yum fried rice with prawnsSep 16, 2019
- Quinoa recipes that really hit the spotSep 16, 2019
- Creamy chicken and pasta saladSep 16, 2019
- Vegetarian lasagne recipesSep 11, 2019
- Juice recipes to rival those bought in-storeSep 11, 2019
- Jerk fish & slaw salad cupsSep 10, 2019
- Mixed berry and ricotta tartSep 10, 2019
- Chicken, burghul & pomegranate saladSep 09, 2019
- Fudgy choc-cherry biscuitsSep 06, 2019
- Flourless chocolate hazelnut cakeSep 06, 2019
- Potato bakeSep 06, 2019
- Spinach dip cob loafSep 06, 2019
- Quiche LorraineSep 05, 2019