- 500 gram desiree potatoes, unpeeled
- 15 gram butter, melted
- 2 tablespoon finely grated parmesan
- 1 cup (150g) plain (all-purpose) flour, approximately
- 1 egg, beaten lightly
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 375 gram assorted mushrooms, sliced thinly
- 2 teaspoon finely chopped fresh lemon thyme
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 300 millilitre pouring cream
- 1/3 cup (25g) finely grated parmesan
- 2 teaspoon fresh lemon thyme sprigs
- 1Boil whole potatoes until tender; drain. When cool enough to handle, peel away skins. Mash potatoes, using a ricer or potato masher into a medium bowl; stir in egg, butter, parmesan and enough flour to make a firm dough.
- 2Divide dough into four portions; roll each portion on a floured surface into 2cm (¾-inch) thick ropes. Cut each rope into 2cm (¾-inch) pieces. Place gnocchi, in a single layer, on a lightly floured tray; cover refrigerate 1 hour.
- 3Heat oil in a large frying pan over high heat; cook mushrooms and thyme, allowing the mushrooms to brown well before turning occasionally, for 5 minutes or until golden.
- 4Add garlic; stir 30 seconds or until softened. Add cream; bring to the boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until sauce thickens. Stir in half the parmesan. Season to taste.
- 5Meanwhile, cook gnocchi, in batches, in a large saucepan of boiling water until gnocchi float to the surface and are cooked through. Remove from pan with a slotted spoon to a bowl; cover keep warm.
- 6Once all gnocchi are cooked, add to mushroom sauce; stir gently. Serve topped with remaining parmesan and extra thyme sprigs.
Try using a variety of mushrooms such as flat, cup, button, portobello, oyster and enoki, keeping small mushrooms halved or whole and large types sliced. Cooking the potatoes whole with the peel on keeps the potatoes dry and fluffy-doing this helps to create lightly textured pillows of gnocchi.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Quick & easy minestroneToday 2:24am
- Salmon parcels with kipfler potatoesToday 12:03am
- 12 brussels sprouts recipesYesterday 1:10am
- Ultimate greek saladYesterday 12:01am
- Parsnip noodles with spicy lamb meatball raguJul 17, 2019
- 10 oat dessert and snack recipesJul 17, 2019
- Mint jellyJul 17, 2019
- 12 brilliant baked cheesecakesJul 17, 2019
- Roasted sumac chicken with baby vegetablesJul 16, 2019
- Pickled baby beetrootJul 16, 2019
- Easy bolognese recipesJul 16, 2019
- Layered banana butterscotch cakeJul 15, 2019
- French toastJul 13, 2019
- Fabulous French recipesJul 13, 2019
- Slow cooker beef rendangJul 13, 2019