- 150 gram pork mince
- 160 gram chicken mince
- 2 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon coriander, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 shallot, finely sliced
- 3 shiitake mushrooms (caps only), finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon (30g) water chestnuts, chopped
- 1 teaspoon seasame oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 28 gow-gee wrapers
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 250 millilitre water
- 3 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoon black vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 birdseye chilli, finely sliced
- 1Place the minces, ginger, coriander, garlic, shallot, mushrooms, water chestnuts, sesame oil and soy sauce into a bowl, mixing well to combine.
- 2Lay a gow-gee pastry on to a flat surface and place a heaped teaspoon of mixture into the centre. Brush the rim with a little water and bring the edges together to form a semi-circle, pinching the middle to seal, then bring the opposite edges together and pinch to seal.
- 3Repeat with the remaining gow-gees, covering the dumplings with a damp cloth as you go.
- 4Heat 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil in a large frypan (30cm) over medium heat.
- 5Add half the dumplings and fry for 1 minute or until crisp and golden on the base.
- 6Add 125ml water to the pan, cover with tight-fitting lid and steam dumplings for 3-4 minutes. Repeat with remaining dumplings and water.
- 7To make the dipping sauce, combine the soy sauce, black vinegar, sesame oil and chilli.
- 8Serve the dumplings with the dipping sauce on the side.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Blackberry parfaitYesterday 12:43am
- Pork silverside roast with maple-roasted vegiesJul 21, 2019
- Quick & easy minestroneJul 19, 2019
- Salmon parcels with kipfler potatoesJul 19, 2019
- 12 brussels sprouts recipesJul 18, 2019
- Ultimate greek saladJul 18, 2019
- Parsnip noodles with spicy lamb meatball raguJul 17, 2019
- 10 oat dessert and snack recipesJul 17, 2019
- Mint jellyJul 17, 2019
- 12 brilliant baked cheesecakesJul 17, 2019
- Roasted sumac chicken with baby vegetablesJul 16, 2019
- Pickled baby beetrootJul 16, 2019
- Easy bolognese recipesJul 16, 2019
- Layered banana butterscotch cakeJul 15, 2019
- French toastJul 13, 2019