Posh fish pie
- 50 millilitre olive oil
- 3 large red onions, finely sliced
- 6 clove garlic, peeled and sliced
- 2 400g cans whole peeled tomatoes
- 2 tablespoon capers
- 1 cup pitted green olives, halved
- 3 bay leaves
- 8 thyme sprigs
- 1/2 cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 4 sheets puff pastry
- 400 gram blue-eye trevalla fillets, skin removed, cut into 2cm chunks
- 1 egg, beaten
- mixed salad leaves, to serve
Posh fish pie
- 1Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan forced. Grease four 11cm-diameter pie or tart dishes.
- 2Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic. Season. Cook for 15mins or until soft. Add tomatoes, capers, olives, bay leaves and thyme and cook for 20 minutes, until sauce thickens. Add parsley and remove from heat.
- 3Cut four 14cm circles from pastry and use to line prepared pie dishes. Divide fish evenly among pies then top with tomato mixture. Cut four 12cm circles from remaining pastry and pierce all over with a fork.
- 4Cover pies with pastry, crimp edges together and tuck in sides. Brush tops with beaten egg. Bake for 45 minutes, or until puffed, golden and cooked through. Serve with salad leaves.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 30 brilliant barramundi dishes to make for dinnerYesterday 2:00pm
- 35 vegetarian dishes featuring mushroomAug 12, 2022
- Mushroom soupAug 11, 2022
- 46 creative ways with carrotsAug 11, 2022
- Gluten free cornflake and honey sconesAug 10, 2022
- Air fryer potato gratinAug 10, 2022
- Italian meatballsAug 10, 2022
- Gluten-free chocolate and almond biscuitsAug 10, 2022
- Gluten free shortcrust pastryAug 10, 2022
- How to sterilise and seal glass jarsAug 10, 2022
- Cumquat ginger marmaladeAug 10, 2022
- 46 sweet slice recipesAug 09, 2022
- 4-ingredient triple choc browniesAug 09, 2022