- 27 clove garlic, peeled
- 1/4 cup (30g) sea salt flakes
- 2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 2 tablespoon duck fat
- 3 turkey drumsticks (2.5kg)
- 2 cup (500ml) tawny port
- 1/2 cup (125ml) dry white wine
- 1Blend or process garlic, salt and paprika in a food processor until smooth. Transfer to a small bowl. Stir in duck fat; it will be solid at first, but will soften and combine as it's stirred.
- 2Spoon garlic mixture over the turkey legs then, using your hands, rub into the skin.
- 3Place turkey legs in a 4.5-litre (18-cup) slow cooker. Add port and wine.
- 4Cook, covered, on low, for 6 hours. Using a spoon or small ladle, skim fat from surface of liquid.
- 5Serve meat shredded in large chunks with cooking juices spooned over.
Suitable to freeze at the end of step 4. This dish is traditionally served at Christmas time.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 46 creative ways with carrotsYesterday 2:00pm
- Mushroom soupYesterday 2:00pm
- Gluten free shortcrust pastryAug 10, 2022
- Gluten-free chocolate and almond biscuitsAug 10, 2022
- Air fryer potato gratinAug 10, 2022
- Gluten free cornflake and honey sconesAug 10, 2022
- Italian meatballsAug 10, 2022
- How to sterilise and seal glass jarsAug 10, 2022
- Cumquat ginger marmaladeAug 10, 2022
- 4-ingredient triple choc browniesAug 09, 2022
- 46 sweet slice recipesAug 09, 2022
- How to cook pastaAug 08, 2022
- Chicken carbonara baked pastaAug 08, 2022