- 8 small (320g) cleaned squid
- 16 small (325g) mussels
- 16 medium (400g) uncooked prawns
- 4 small (1kg) uncooked blue swimmer crabs
- 2 400g cans whole peeled tomatoes
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 large (500g) brown or red onions, sliced
- 3 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 large (350g) red capsicum, sliced
- 150 gram prosciutto, chopped roughly
- 1/2 cup (125ml) dry white wine
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tablespoon tomato paste
- salt and ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- crusty bread and lemon wedges, optional, for serving
- 1Cut the squid into rings. Scrub the mussels and remove the beards. Shell and devein the prawns, leaving the tails intact. Cut the crabs in half through the centre of the body, remove the grey gills and rinse well. Blend or process the undrained tomatoes until smooth.
- 2Heat the oil in a large saucepan, add the onion and garlic, cook, stirring, until the onion is soft. Add the capsicum and prosciutto, cook, stirring, until soft.
- 3Add the wine, bay leaf, pureed tomato and paste; bring to the boil. Simmer, uncovered, until the sauce is reduced by half.
- 4Add the seafood to the sauce, stir to coat in the sauce. Simmer, covered, for about 5 minutes or until seafood is just cooked through. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 5Sprinkle with parsley and serve with crusty bread and lemon wedges, if desired.
Use a selection of seafood of your choice for this recipe. Lobster, bugs, octopus, clams, marron and any firm white fish would all make suitable substitutes. Seafood can be prepared several hours ahead. The recipe is best made just before serving. Not suitable to freeze. Not suitable to microwave.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 46 creative ways with carrotsYesterday 2:00pm
- Mushroom soupYesterday 2:00pm
- Gluten free shortcrust pastryAug 10, 2022
- Gluten-free chocolate and almond biscuitsAug 10, 2022
- Air fryer potato gratinAug 10, 2022
- Gluten free cornflake and honey sconesAug 10, 2022
- Italian meatballsAug 10, 2022
- How to sterilise and seal glass jarsAug 10, 2022
- Cumquat ginger marmaladeAug 10, 2022
- 4-ingredient triple choc browniesAug 09, 2022
- 46 sweet slice recipesAug 09, 2022
- How to cook pastaAug 08, 2022
- Chicken carbonara baked pastaAug 08, 2022