- 3 fresh small red thai chillies, chopped finely
- 2 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 3 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup (60ml) cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 2/3 cup (160ml) lemon juice
- 2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 teaspoon coarse cooking salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 chicken marylands (1.5kg)
- 80 gram mesclun
- 1Combine chillies, garlic, vinegar, rind, juice, paprika, parsley, salt, pepper and oil in large bowl; add chicken, turn to coat in marinade. Cover; refrigerate 3 hours or overnight.
- 2Cook chicken in covered barbecue, using indirect heat, following manufacturer's instructions, about 40 minutes or until cooked through.
- 3Serve chicken with mesclun and lemon wedges.
Sometimes sold as spring salad mix, mesclun is a commercial assortment of young green leaves, and will usually include some or all of the following: rocket, mizuna, baby spinach, curly endive, oak leaf, radicchio and mignonette. When cooking poultry directly on the barbecue grill, it only needs moderately-hot heat; place food on the edges of the barbecue where the heat is less fierce. Cuts on the bone tend to be juicier, so drumsticks, legs and wings are ideal barbecue choices.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Salsa verdeYesterday 2:00pm
- Potatoes with lemon and tomatoAug 05, 2022
- Popcorn butterscotch squaresAug 05, 2022
- Roast pork with apple sauceAug 04, 2022
- Lamb and lentil saladAug 04, 2022
- Chicken koftas with fig and seed pilafAug 04, 2022
- Chicken, mushroom and leek fricasseeAug 04, 2022
- Mexican riceAug 03, 2022
- Apricot choc-chip muesli barsAug 03, 2022
- Herb-crumbed baked beansAug 03, 2022
- 34 delicious desserts with an easy biscuit crustAug 03, 2022
- 51 really good rhubarb recipesAug 03, 2022
- Creative ways with celeriacAug 03, 2022
- 50 lemon dessert recipesAug 03, 2022