- 170 grams bottled roasted red capsicum (bell peppers), drained
- ½ cup loosely packed fresh coriander (cilantro) leaves
- ¼ cup (90g) honey
- ¼ cup (60ml) olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 whole dried long red chillies
- 4 x500g small chickens, butterflied
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon-infused olive oil
- 60 grams baby spinach leaves
- 4 large figs (320g), quartered
- ½ cup (40g) shaved parmesan cheese
- 1Blend or process capsicum, coriander, honey, oil, vinegar, rind, juice and chilli until smooth. Combine capsicum mixture with chickens in large bowl. Cover; refrigerate 3 hours or overnight.
- 2Season chickens; cook on heated oiled barbecue (or grill or grill pan) about 20 minutes or until cooked through. Remove from barbecue; cover chickens, stand 10 minutes.
- 3Make fig salad.
- 4Cut chickens into serving-sized pieces; serve with salad.
- 5Place vinegar and oil in screw-top jar; shake well, season. Place remaining ingredients in large bowl with dressing; toss gently to combine.
Butterflied small chickens are available from specialist chicken and butcher shops.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Tuna mornayToday 12:00am
- Flourless cakesYesterday 11:39pm
- White sauceYesterday 1:00pm
- Dinner date recipes to impressYesterday 5:50am
- The big chocolate cookieYesterday 5:26am
- Princess-themed birthday cakesYesterday 3:28am
- 100 years of Australian dinnersYesterday 1:19am
- Vietnamese lemongrass chicken bowlMar 30, 2020
- Coconut dessert recipesMar 30, 2020
- Fast dessertsMar 30, 2020
- Lebanese recipesMar 30, 2020
- Cheesy tuna pasta bakeMar 30, 2020
- Our unbeatable lemon curd recipeMar 30, 2020
- Quick versions of your favourite dessert recipesMar 30, 2020
- Quick and easy plum tartMar 30, 2020
- 20 easy vegetarian curry recipesMar 29, 2020