- 170 grams bottled roasted red capsicum (bell peppers), drained
- ½ cup loosely packed fresh coriander (cilantro) leaves
- ¼ cup (90g) honey
- ¼ cup (60ml) olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 whole dried long red chillies
- 4 x500g small chickens, butterflied
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon-infused olive oil
- 60 grams baby spinach leaves
- 4 large figs (320g), quartered
- ½ cup (40g) shaved parmesan cheese
- 1Blend or process capsicum, coriander, honey, oil, vinegar, rind, juice and chilli until smooth. Combine capsicum mixture with chickens in large bowl. Cover; refrigerate 3 hours or overnight.
- 2Season chickens; cook on heated oiled barbecue (or grill or grill pan) about 20 minutes or until cooked through. Remove from barbecue; cover chickens, stand 10 minutes.
- 3Make fig salad.
- 4Cut chickens into serving-sized pieces; serve with salad.
- 5Place vinegar and oil in screw-top jar; shake well, season. Place remaining ingredients in large bowl with dressing; toss gently to combine.
Butterflied small chickens are available from specialist chicken and butcher shops.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Savoury mince pieYesterday 2:00pm
- Spaghetti carbonara with peasYesterday 2:00pm
- 26 really good rhubarb recipesYesterday 5:10am
- Traditional minestroneJul 13, 2020
- 19 delicious dinners using turkey minceJul 13, 2020
- 18 beautiful baked salmon recipesJul 13, 2020
- 19 homemade muesli bars and snack barsJul 13, 2020
- Quinoa recipes that really hit the spotJul 13, 2020
- Slow-cooker dessert recipesJul 13, 2020
- Fennel recipesJul 13, 2020
- Tuna mornayJul 13, 2020
- Creative cabbage recipesJul 12, 2020
- Healthy recipes with mince for dinnerJul 12, 2020
- How to cook corned beef in a pressure cookerJul 12, 2020
- Homemade muesli barsJul 12, 2020
- Fabulous frittata recipesJul 12, 2020