- 1 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cup cold water
- 2 1/4 cup near boiling water
- milk, to serve
- 15 gram butter
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar, plus extra, to serve
- 1 cup sliced rhubarb
- 1 apple, cored, sliced
- 1 pear, cored, sliced
Porridge with sauteed fruit
- 1Place oats and cold water in a large saucepan, mix well. Blend in hot water, stir over a medium heat until porridge comes to the boil. Reduce heat. Simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 2To make sauteed fruit, melt the butter and sugar in a large frying pan on medium. Add the fruit and saute for 3-5 minutes until the fruit is just tender.
- 3Top porridge with fruit and sprinkle with extra brown sugar. Serve with milk.
To avoid the overnight soaking, microwave the tea and fruit mixture on high (100%) power for 5 minutes, allow to cool and serve.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Salsa verdeYesterday 2:00pm
- Potatoes with lemon and tomatoAug 05, 2022
- Popcorn butterscotch squaresAug 05, 2022
- Roast pork with apple sauceAug 04, 2022
- Lamb and lentil saladAug 04, 2022
- Chicken koftas with fig and seed pilafAug 04, 2022
- Chicken, mushroom and leek fricasseeAug 04, 2022
- Mexican riceAug 03, 2022
- Apricot choc-chip muesli barsAug 03, 2022
- Herb-crumbed baked beansAug 03, 2022
- 34 delicious desserts with an easy biscuit crustAug 03, 2022
- 51 really good rhubarb recipesAug 03, 2022
- Creative ways with celeriacAug 03, 2022
- 50 lemon dessert recipesAug 03, 2022