Porridge with sauteed fruit
- 1 1/2 cup (135g) rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cup (375ml) cold water
- 2 1/4 cup (560ml) near-boiling water
- milk, to serve
- 30 gram butter
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 apple, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1 pear, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced strawberries
Porridge with saut‚ed fruit
- 1Place oats and cold water in a large saucepan, stirring well. Stir in hot water. Stir on medium heat until porridge comes to the boil. Reduce heat. Simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 2Melt butter with brown sugar in a frying pan. Saute fruit for 3-5 minutes, until just tender.
- 3Spoon porridge between bowls. Top with fruit and serve with milk.
Porridge can also be cooked in microwave - follow packet directions and continue with steps 2 and 3.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Strawberry and almond friand sliceYesterday 9:00pm
- Crisp-skin barramundi with mandarin salsaYesterday 6:51am
- Mandarin marmaladeYesterday 6:41am
- Chocolate caramel semifreddo with honeycomb and mandarinYesterday 5:51am
- Mandarin and chai soufflesYesterday 5:13am
- Magical mandarin recipesYesterday 4:37am
- Mandarin and cardamom gluten-free muesliMay 19, 2019
- Mandarin and poppy seed friandsMay 19, 2019
- Jam dropsMay 15, 2019
- Cottage pieMay 15, 2019
- Slow cooker soup recipesMay 15, 2019
- Apple pieMay 14, 2019
- Cuban black bean soup in the slow cookerMay 14, 2019
- Slow cooker vegetable minestroneMay 14, 2019
- Slow-cooker ribollitaMay 14, 2019
- Slow-cooker borschtMay 14, 2019