Porridge with sauteed fruit
- 1 1/2 cup (135g) rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cup (375ml) cold water
- 2 1/4 cup (560ml) near-boiling water
- milk, to serve
- 30 gram butter
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 apple, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1 pear, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced strawberries
Porridge with saut‚ed fruit
- 1Place oats and cold water in a large saucepan, stirring well. Stir in hot water. Stir on medium heat until porridge comes to the boil. Reduce heat. Simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 2Melt butter with brown sugar in a frying pan. Saute fruit for 3-5 minutes, until just tender.
- 3Spoon porridge between bowls. Top with fruit and serve with milk.
Porridge can also be cooked in microwave - follow packet directions and continue with steps 2 and 3.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Blackberry parfaitYesterday 12:43am
- Pork silverside roast with maple-roasted vegiesJul 21, 2019
- Quick & easy minestroneJul 19, 2019
- Salmon parcels with kipfler potatoesJul 19, 2019
- 12 brussels sprouts recipesJul 18, 2019
- Ultimate greek saladJul 18, 2019
- Parsnip noodles with spicy lamb meatball raguJul 17, 2019
- 10 oat dessert and snack recipesJul 17, 2019
- Mint jellyJul 17, 2019
- 12 brilliant baked cheesecakesJul 17, 2019
- Roasted sumac chicken with baby vegetablesJul 16, 2019
- Pickled baby beetrootJul 16, 2019
- Easy bolognese recipesJul 16, 2019
- Layered banana butterscotch cakeJul 15, 2019
- French toastJul 13, 2019