- 200 gram (6½ ounces) rice stick noodles
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 600 gram (1¼ pounds) minced pork
- 10 centimetre (4-inch) stalk fresh lemongrass (20g), chopped finely
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoon sambal oelek
- 2 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 3 green onions (scallions), sliced thinly
- 1 fresh long red chilli
- 1/4 cup loosely packed fresh coriander (cilantro) leaves
- 1 lime (90g), cut into cheeks
- 1Cook noodles in a medium saucepan of boiling water until tender; drain.
- 2Meanwhile, heat oil in a large frying pan over high heat; cook pork, stirring, until browned. Add lemon grass, garlic and sambal oelek; cook stirring, 1 minute or until fragrant. Add juice, sugar and fish sauce; cook for 1 minute. Remove from heat; stir in green onion.
- 3Serve pork mixture on noodles topped with chilli and coriander; accompany with lime cheeks.
Rice stick noodles, are sometimes sold as pad thai noodles and are available from the Asian food section in supermarkets. Sambal oelek is a hot chilli paste, available from major supermarkets and Asian food stores. You can use 1 small seeded, finely chopped red chilli or ½ teaspoon chilli flakes instead. When seasoning South East Asian recipes, such as this one, adjust the sweet (brown sugar), sour (lime juice) and salty (fish sauce) ingredients to create a balanced taste.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Passionfruit curd teacakeYesterday 2:00pm
- Kimchi and cheese toastiesYesterday 2:00pm
- Slow cooked pork in ginger beerYesterday 2:00pm
- Pearl couscous ‘kedgeree’Yesterday 2:00pm
- Slow cooker bolognese sauceYesterday 2:00pm
- Mixed bean, spinach and paneer rogan joshYesterday 2:00pm
- Rigatoni with zucchini and chilliYesterday 2:00pm
- Vanilla sliceJun 17, 2021
- ShortbreadJun 17, 2021
- Baked custardJun 17, 2021
- Beef massamanJun 17, 2021
- Coconut pumpkin soup made in your slow cookerJun 17, 2021
- Steak and spuds with salsa verdeJun 17, 2021
- Rainbow bibimbap bowlsJun 16, 2021
- 22 easy dinner recipesJun 16, 2021