- 1.7 kilogram American-style pork spare ribs
- 1 cup (250ml) tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup (110g) firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil; reduce heat to low. Add ribs; cook, covered, for 40 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- 2Combine remaining ingredients in a large bowl; add ribs, turning to coat well. Season.
- 3Cook coated ribs on a heated barbecue (or grill plate or grill) for 15 minutes or until well glazed, basting occasionally with remaining marinade.
- 4Cut ribs into serving-sized portions.
American-style pork ribs, also known as baby back ribs, are cut from the loin section, which is leaner and meatier. Spare ribs, from the belly, are fattier.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- South-East Asian dinner recipesYesterday 11:51pm
- Peach galetteYesterday 2:00pm
- What food is in season in June?Yesterday 2:00pm
- Pineapple upside-down cakeYesterday 2:00pm
- Ultimate slow cooker ideas for winterYesterday 2:00pm
- Impossible pieYesterday 2:00pm
- Pumpkin sconesYesterday 2:00pm
- 14 sweet & savoury buttermilk recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Custard tartYesterday 2:00pm
- 27 brilliant ways to use barley in your recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Banana cake recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Vietnamese beef brisketMay 29, 2020
- Baked rice custardMay 29, 2020
- Easy guacamoleMay 28, 2020
- Boeuf bourguignonMay 28, 2020