Baking low and slow is the secret to these fall-off-the-bone oven baked ribs.
If you prefer beef ribs?
- 1.7 kilogram American-style pork spare ribs
- 1 cup (250ml) tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup (110g) firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil; reduce heat to low. Add ribs; cook, covered, for 40 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- 2Combine remaining ingredients in a large bowl; add ribs, turning to coat well. Season.
- 3Cook coated ribs on a heated barbecue (or grill plate or grill) for 15 minutes or until well glazed, basting occasionally with remaining marinade.
- 4Cut ribs into serving-sized portions.
American-style pork ribs, also known as baby back ribs, are cut from the loin section, which is leaner and meatier. Spare ribs, from the belly, are fattier.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Kale recipes you'll go crazy forToday 6:49am
- Cauliflower 'fried rice' with mushrooms and hamToday 3:49am
- Cauliflower recipesYesterday 11:29pm
- Easy Danish pastriesYesterday 2:00pm
- Our best brussels sprouts recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Lamb and spinach samosasYesterday 2:00pm
- White sauceYesterday 2:00pm
- Garibaldi sliceYesterday 2:00pm
- 22 marvellous muffin recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Creamed corn and bacon cob loafSep 25, 2020
- Delicious dessert recipes with ricottaSep 24, 2020
- Spiced beef nachosSep 24, 2020
- Curried sausagesSep 24, 2020
- 25 sweet strawberry dessert recipesSep 24, 2020
- Stuffed capsicumSep 24, 2020
- 20 hearty, healthy soups to enjoySep 24, 2020