Baking low and slow is the secret to these fall-off-the-bone oven baked ribs.
If you prefer beef ribs?
- 1.7 kilogram American-style pork spare ribs
- 1 cup (250ml) tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup (110g) firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil; reduce heat to low. Add ribs; cook, covered, for 40 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- 2Combine remaining ingredients in a large bowl; add ribs, turning to coat well. Season.
- 3Cook coated ribs on a heated barbecue (or grill plate or grill) for 15 minutes or until well glazed, basting occasionally with remaining marinade.
- 4Cut ribs into serving-sized portions.
American-style pork ribs, also known as baby back ribs, are cut from the loin section, which is leaner and meatier. Spare ribs, from the belly, are fattier.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 28 mango recipes for dessertOct 21, 2021
- 13 Spooky Halloween recipesOct 21, 2021
- Seeded pumpkin breadOct 21, 2021
- Apple crumbleOct 21, 2021
- Santorini tomato frittersOct 21, 2021
- Zucchini primavera with poached eggsOct 21, 2021
- Gluten-free banana breadOct 21, 2021
- Fresh tomato pizzettasOct 21, 2021
- Basic hummusOct 20, 2021
- Custard tartOct 20, 2021
- Our best hummus recipesOct 20, 2021
- Roti canai flatbreadOct 20, 2021
- Peaches and cream pieOct 20, 2021
- Our classic pavlova recipeOct 20, 2021