- FIVE INGREDIENTS
1kg (2lb) pork rashers
1 bunch green onions (scallions)
230g (7oz) jar laksa paste
2 x 270ml cans coconut milk
250g (8oz) dried rice vermicelli noodles
freshly ground black pepper
- 1Remove and discard top layer of skin and fat from each pork rasher. Cut pork rashers into 3cm (1¼in) pieces. Transfer to a 5-litre (20-cup) slow cooker.
- 2Finely chop white part of green onions. Add white part to slow cooker; refrigerate green tops for serving. Add laksa paste, 1 can of coconut milk and 1.5 litres (6 cups) water to cooker; stir to combine.
- 3Heat slow cooker on LOW. Cook pork, covered, for 8 hours or until tender. Skim and discard fat from surface.
- 4Adjust setting to HIGH. Add remaining coconut milk; cook, covered, for a further 10 minutes.
- 5Meanwhile, place noodles in a heatproof bowl; cover with boiling water. Stand for 5 minutes; drain. Cut green onion tops into long thin strips. If onion doesn't curl, add to a bowl of iced water and stand for
a few minutes.
- 6Divide soup mixture, pork and noodles among bowls. Top with green onion curls; season with pepper. Serve.
- 7Make it six: Top with finely chopped fresh red chillies, mint leaves or bean sprouts, or serve with lime wedges to the side.
Use the same weight of skinless chicken thighs instead of pork rashers, if preferred.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 5 make-from-scratch desserts to share and impressYesterday 10:00pm
- Embrace eggplant with these 34 tasty recipesYesterday 1:00pm
- Roasted cauliflower with miso glazeYesterday 6:35am
- Chocolate fig panforteYesterday 1:18am
- Christmas candy cane sliceYesterday 12:46am
- Christmas dinners that aren't Christmas hamDec 01, 2021
- 20 salad recipes to serve with Christmas lunchDec 01, 2021
- 34 quick and indulgent treats for ChristmasDec 01, 2021
- What you can cook in your air fryerNov 30, 2021
- 34 breakfast ideas for Christmas morningNov 30, 2021
- 27 sensational stone fruit desserts for summerNov 30, 2021
- Christmas tree shortbreadsNov 30, 2021
- Jam shortbread snowflakesNov 30, 2021
- Lemon chickenNov 30, 2021