Pork fried rice
- 2 eggs
- 1 medium red onion (170g)
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 rindless bacon slices (130g)
- 200 gram pork fillet
- 150 gram mushrooms
- 150 gram sugar snap peas
- 1 medium carrot (120g)
- 3 teaspoon peanut oil
- 1/2 cup frozen peas (60g)
- 3 cup cold cooked brown long-grain rice
- 2 tablespoon kecap manis
- 4 green onions (scallions)
Pork fried rice
- 1Lightly beat eggs. Peel and thinly slice red onion; peel and crush garlic. Thinly slice bacon and pork. Quarter mushrooms. Trim sugar snap peas. Peel and finely chop carrot.
- 2Heat one teaspoon of the oil in wok. Pour half the egg into wok; cook over medium heat, tilting wok, until almost set. Remove omelette from wok; roll tightly, slice thinly. Repeat using another teaspoon of oil and remaining egg.
- 3Heat remaining oil in wok; stir-fry red onion and garlic until onion softens. Add bacon and pork; stir-fry until bacon is crisp. Add mushrooms, sugar snaps, carrot and frozen peas; stir-fry about 3 minutes or until carrot is just tender.
- 4Add rice and kecap manis to wok; stir-fry until hot. Thinly slice green onions. Toss omelette and onion through fried rice just before serving.
We've used brown long-grain rice in this recipe because of its lovely nutty taste, but you can replace it with white long-grain rice if you wish. You need to cook about 1⅓ cups rice for this recipe.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Salad of roasted beetroot with goat's cheese and walnutsYesterday 2:00pm
- Iced vovosYesterday 2:00pm
- Salmon pattiesYesterday 2:00pm
- Picnic food ideasYesterday 1:58am
- Sri Lankan potato and pea curryYesterday 1:36am
- Japanese katsu chicken curryYesterday 1:24am
- Southern fried chickenSep 15, 2021
- 27 simple risottosSep 15, 2021
- 46 perfect pea recipesSep 15, 2021
- Karaage chicken with Sriracha mayonnaiseSep 15, 2021
- Marble cakeSep 15, 2021
- Fish fingers with mushy peasSep 15, 2021
- 24 amazing ways to use the humble onionSep 14, 2021
- 32 wonderful ways with cornSep 14, 2021
- Monte Carlo biscuitsSep 14, 2021