Pork fried rice
- 2 eggs
- 1 medium red onion (170g)
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 rindless bacon slices (130g)
- 200 gram pork fillet
- 150 gram mushrooms
- 150 gram sugar snap peas
- 1 medium carrot (120g)
- 3 teaspoon peanut oil
- 1/2 cup frozen peas (60g)
- 3 cup cold cooked brown long-grain rice
- 2 tablespoon kecap manis
- 4 green onions (scallions)
Pork fried rice
- 1Lightly beat eggs. Peel and thinly slice red onion; peel and crush garlic. Thinly slice bacon and pork. Quarter mushrooms. Trim sugar snap peas. Peel and finely chop carrot.
- 2Heat one teaspoon of the oil in wok. Pour half the egg into wok; cook over medium heat, tilting wok, until almost set. Remove omelette from wok; roll tightly, slice thinly. Repeat using another teaspoon of oil and remaining egg.
- 3Heat remaining oil in wok; stir-fry red onion and garlic until onion softens. Add bacon and pork; stir-fry until bacon is crisp. Add mushrooms, sugar snaps, carrot and frozen peas; stir-fry about 3 minutes or until carrot is just tender.
- 4Add rice and kecap manis to wok; stir-fry until hot. Thinly slice green onions. Toss omelette and onion through fried rice just before serving.
We've used brown long-grain rice in this recipe because of its lovely nutty taste, but you can replace it with white long-grain rice if you wish. You need to cook about 1⅓ cups rice for this recipe.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Cider-braised pork with applesApr 30, 2021
- Lentil and vegetable soupApr 30, 2021
- Chicken paprikashApr 30, 2021
- Cheesy eggplant and lentil bakeApr 30, 2021
- Beef and mushroom stewApr 30, 2021
- Ratatouille bake with cauliflower bechamelApr 30, 2021
- Warming vegetarian stews and casserolesApr 16, 2021
- Potato recipesApr 16, 2021
- Savoury pie recipes that will feed the familyApr 16, 2021
- Melting momentsApr 15, 2021
- Our classic pavlova recipeApr 15, 2021
- 26 easy beef stews and casserolesApr 15, 2021
- 19 of our tastiest savoury tartsApr 15, 2021
- Garlic and rosemary focacciaApr 15, 2021
- Salted caramelsApr 15, 2021