Pork chow mein
- 2 tablespoon peanut oil
- 2 clove garlic
- 1 fresh long red chilli, thinly sliced, plus extra to serve
- 300 gram pork fillets, thinly sliced
- 3 cup finely shredded wombok
- 1 medium carrot, julienned
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced, plus extra to serve
- 175 gram chow mein stir fry sauce
- 440 gram fresh egg noodles
- 1/2 cup bean sprouts
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted cashews
Pork chow mein
- 1In a wok or large frying pan, heat oil on high heat. Stir-fry garlic and chilli for 10 seconds. Add pork and stir-fry for 4-5 minutes, until golden.
- 2Toss cabbage, carrot and onions through. Stir-fry for 1-2 minutes, until just cabbage begins to wilt. Add sauce and stir-fry for 1 minute.
- 3Mix noodles through and stir-fry for a further 1-2 minutes until heated through.
- 4Serve topped with bean sprouts, cashews and extra green onion and chilli.
Make sure you have everything prepared before starting to cook.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Chocolate peanut butter slab cakeToday 5:19am
- Citrus almond twistAug 20, 2019
- Pistachio and apricot baklava cakeAug 20, 2019
- 10 quick and easy dessertsAug 20, 2019
- Teriyaki salmonAug 19, 2019
- Pistachio, pink pepper & rose petal barkAug 19, 2019
- Garlicky mushroom pizzaAug 19, 2019
- Mushroom pie with minted mushy peasAug 18, 2019
- Mixed berry clafoutisAug 16, 2019
- Banoffee meringue with honeycombAug 15, 2019
- Spinach, cheese and potato cannelloniAug 15, 2019
- Pumpkin and maple bacon tarts with fried eggsAug 14, 2019
- Free-form mushroom and cheese tartAug 13, 2019
- Lumberjack cakeAug 11, 2019
- Salmon recipesAug 09, 2019