- 1.5 kilogram boneless pork belly
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 medium pineapple, peeled, 1cm cubes
- 1 bunch fresh coriander, leaves picked
- 1/2 bunch fresh mint leaves
- 1/3 cup roasted unsalted peanuts, roughly chopped
- 1 long red chilli, thinly sliced
Pork belly with pineapple salsa
- 1Using a sharp knife, score pork skin at 1cm intervals. Place on rack in baking dish.
- 2Preheat oven to 180°C. Rub the salt and oil into the skin and incisions. Place the pork, skin-side down, on an oven tray.
- 3Roast for 1 ½ hours. Remove pork from oven. Increase temperature to 220°C. Turn pork skin-side up. Roast for a further 25-30 minutes until the skin is golden and crispy and the meat is tender.
- 4Meanwhile, to make salsa; in a bowl, combine all ingredients.
- 5Serve pork belly in slices with pineapple salsa.
For extra crispy cracking, dry pork skin overnight in the fridge.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Chocolate peanut butter slab cakeAug 23, 2019
- Citrus almond twistAug 20, 2019
- Pistachio and apricot baklava cakeAug 20, 2019
- 10 quick and easy dessertsAug 20, 2019
- Teriyaki salmonAug 19, 2019
- Pistachio, pink pepper & rose petal barkAug 19, 2019
- Garlicky mushroom pizzaAug 19, 2019
- Mushroom pie with minted mushy peasAug 18, 2019
- Mixed berry clafoutisAug 16, 2019
- Banoffee meringue with honeycombAug 15, 2019
- Spinach, cheese and potato cannelloniAug 15, 2019
- Pumpkin and maple bacon tarts with fried eggsAug 14, 2019
- Free-form mushroom and cheese tartAug 13, 2019
- Lumberjack cakeAug 11, 2019
- Salmon recipesAug 09, 2019