- 1.5 kilogram boneless pork belly
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 medium pineapple, peeled, 1cm cubes
- 1 bunch fresh coriander, leaves picked
- 1/2 bunch fresh mint leaves
- 1/3 cup roasted unsalted peanuts, roughly chopped
- 1 long red chilli, thinly sliced
Pork belly with pineapple salsa
- 1Using a sharp knife, score pork skin at 1cm intervals. Place on rack in baking dish.
- 2Preheat oven to 180°C. Rub the salt and oil into the skin and incisions. Place the pork, skin-side down, on an oven tray.
- 3Roast for 1 ½ hours. Remove pork from oven. Increase temperature to 220°C. Turn pork skin-side up. Roast for a further 25-30 minutes until the skin is golden and crispy and the meat is tender.
- 4Meanwhile, to make salsa; in a bowl, combine all ingredients.
- 5Serve pork belly in slices with pineapple salsa.
For extra crispy cracking, dry pork skin overnight in the fridge.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Classic lamingtonsJan 25, 2020
- Lamington popsJan 25, 2020
- Beet and black bean burgerJan 23, 2020
- Sticky wing with sesame saltJan 23, 2020
- Salmon and potato salad with mustardy dressingJan 23, 2020
- How to bake basic damper while campingJan 23, 2020
- Korean-style barbecued chicken riceJan 23, 2020
- "Eat your greens" chicken saladJan 23, 2020
- Sticky pork with sweet and sour saladJan 23, 2020
- Broccoli and paneer saag curryJan 23, 2020
- Roast pumpkin dip with spiced chickpeasJan 23, 2020
- Szechuan-style chilli eggplantJan 23, 2020
- Paper cup popsiclesJan 23, 2020
- Green minestrone with pestoJan 23, 2020