- 300 grams leftover cooked pork
- 8 dried shittake mushrooms
- 60 grams dried vermicelli rice noodles
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 cm piece fresh ginger (10g), cut into long thin strips
- 4 green onions (scallions), sliced thinly
- 2 long fresh red chillies, seeded, chopped finely
- 1 trimmed stalk celery (100g), cut into long thin strips
- 2 medium carrots (240g), cut into long thin strips
- 1 cup (250ml) reserved cooking liquid or stock
- ¼ cup chopped fresh coriander
- 300 grams packet spring roll wrappers
- vegetable oil, for deep-frying
- ½ teaspoon sesame oil
- 1Place mushrooms in a small bowl; cover with warm water. Stand for 30 minutes.
- 2Shred pork and thinly slice mushrooms. Place vermicelli in a medium heatproof bowl; cover with boiling water, stand until just tender, drain.
- 3Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat; cook garlic, ginger, onion and half the chilli, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add celery and carrot; cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until softened. Stir in ⅓ cup (80ml) of the reserved cooking liquid, with pork, mushrooms, vermicelli and 2 tablespoons of the coriander; cool.
- 4Place a spring roll wrapper on work surface with a point facing you. Place ¼ cup of mixture on lower half of wrapper, fold sides in to the centre and roll up firmly. Moisten end of wrapper with water to secure. Repeat with remaining wrappers and filling.
- 5Fill a large saucepan one-third full with oil; heat to 180°C/350°F (or until a cube of bread turns golden in 15 seconds). Deep-fry spring rolls, in batches, until golden brown and heated through. Drain on paper towel.
- 6Skim fat solids from remaining reserved cooking liquid. Place liquid in a small saucepan; bring to the boil. Transfer to a small bowl; cool. Stir in remaining chilli, remaining coriander and sesame oil.
- 7Serve deep-fried spring rolls with dipping sauce.
This recipe is not suitable to freeze.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Kale recipes you'll go crazy forToday 6:49am
- Cauliflower 'fried rice' with mushrooms and hamToday 3:49am
- Cauliflower recipesYesterday 11:29pm
- Easy Danish pastriesYesterday 2:00pm
- Our best brussels sprouts recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Lamb and spinach samosasYesterday 2:00pm
- White sauceYesterday 2:00pm
- Garibaldi sliceYesterday 2:00pm
- 22 marvellous muffin recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Creamed corn and bacon cob loafSep 25, 2020
- Delicious dessert recipes with ricottaSep 24, 2020
- Spiced beef nachosSep 24, 2020
- Curried sausagesSep 24, 2020
- 25 sweet strawberry dessert recipesSep 24, 2020
- Stuffed capsicumSep 24, 2020
- 20 hearty, healthy soups to enjoySep 24, 2020