- 300 grams leftover cooked pork
- 8 dried shittake mushrooms
- 60 grams dried vermicelli rice noodles
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 cm piece fresh ginger (10g), cut into long thin strips
- 4 green onions (scallions), sliced thinly
- 2 long fresh red chillies, seeded, chopped finely
- 1 trimmed stalk celery (100g), cut into long thin strips
- 2 medium carrots (240g), cut into long thin strips
- 1 cup (250ml) reserved cooking liquid or stock
- ¼ cup chopped fresh coriander
- 300 grams packet spring roll wrappers
- vegetable oil, for deep-frying
- ½ teaspoon sesame oil
- 1Place mushrooms in a small bowl; cover with warm water. Stand for 30 minutes.
- 2Shred pork and thinly slice mushrooms. Place vermicelli in a medium heatproof bowl; cover with boiling water, stand until just tender, drain.
- 3Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat; cook garlic, ginger, onion and half the chilli, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add celery and carrot; cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until softened. Stir in ⅓ cup (80ml) of the reserved cooking liquid, with pork, mushrooms, vermicelli and 2 tablespoons of the coriander; cool.
- 4Place a spring roll wrapper on work surface with a point facing you. Place ¼ cup of mixture on lower half of wrapper, fold sides in to the centre and roll up firmly. Moisten end of wrapper with water to secure. Repeat with remaining wrappers and filling.
- 5Fill a large saucepan one-third full with oil; heat to 180°C/350°F (or until a cube of bread turns golden in 15 seconds). Deep-fry spring rolls, in batches, until golden brown and heated through. Drain on paper towel.
- 6Skim fat solids from remaining reserved cooking liquid. Place liquid in a small saucepan; bring to the boil. Transfer to a small bowl; cool. Stir in remaining chilli, remaining coriander and sesame oil.
- 7Serve deep-fried spring rolls with dipping sauce.
This recipe is not suitable to freeze.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 28 mango recipes for dessertOct 21, 2021
- 13 Spooky Halloween recipesOct 21, 2021
- Seeded pumpkin breadOct 21, 2021
- Apple crumbleOct 21, 2021
- Santorini tomato frittersOct 21, 2021
- Zucchini primavera with poached eggsOct 21, 2021
- Gluten-free banana breadOct 21, 2021
- Fresh tomato pizzettasOct 21, 2021
- Basic hummusOct 20, 2021
- Custard tartOct 20, 2021
- Our best hummus recipesOct 20, 2021
- Roti canai flatbreadOct 20, 2021
- Peaches and cream pieOct 20, 2021
- Our classic pavlova recipeOct 20, 2021