- 500 gram pork fillets
- 1/3 cup (80ml) char siu sauce
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 150 gram chicken mince
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 100 gram fresh shiitake mushrooms, chopped finely
- 190 gram can water chestnuts, rinsed, drained, chopped finely
- 2 green onions, chopped finely
- 2 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 1/2 cup (120g) bean sprouts
- 8 iceberg lettuce leaves
- 2 green onions, sliced thinly
- 1Preheat oven to moderate.
- 2Place pork on wire rack in large shallow baking dish; brush all over with ¼ cup of the char siu sauce. Roast, uncovered, in moderate oven about 40 minutes or until cooked as desired, brushing occasionally with pan drippings. Cool 10 minutes; chop pork finely.
- 3Meanwhile, heat peanut oil in wok; stir-fry chicken, garlic and mushrooms for 5 minutes. Add water chestnuts, chopped onion, sauces, sesame oil, pork and remaining char siu sauce; stir-fry until chicken is cooked through. Remove from heat; add sprouts, toss sang choy bow gently to combine.
- 4Divide lettuce leaves among serving plates; spoon sang choy bow into leaves, sprinkle each with sliced onion.
An easy way to separate whole lettuce leaves is to rap the head of the lettuce, stem-end down, on a hard surface to loosen the core. Discard the core, and run a strong stream of cold water into the cavity the leaves will fall away, intact. Submerge the leaves in iced water until ready to serve; use the lettuce centre for a salad.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Passionfruit curd teacakeYesterday 2:00pm
- Kimchi and cheese toastiesYesterday 2:00pm
- Slow cooked pork in ginger beerYesterday 2:00pm
- Pearl couscous ‘kedgeree’Yesterday 2:00pm
- Slow cooker bolognese sauceYesterday 2:00pm
- Mixed bean, spinach and paneer rogan joshYesterday 2:00pm
- Rigatoni with zucchini and chilliYesterday 2:00pm
- Vanilla sliceJun 17, 2021
- ShortbreadJun 17, 2021
- Baked custardJun 17, 2021
- Beef massamanJun 17, 2021
- Coconut pumpkin soup made in your slow cookerJun 17, 2021
- Steak and spuds with salsa verdeJun 17, 2021
- Rainbow bibimbap bowlsJun 16, 2021
- 22 easy dinner recipesJun 16, 2021