- 1/3 cup (45g) slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 large carrot (180g), cut into matchsticks
- 450 gram pork fillet, sliced thinly
- 500 gram brussels sprouts, halved
- 4 clove garlic, sliced thickly
- 1 cup (250ml) water
- 2 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1Heat a large wok over high heat; stir-fry nuts until toasted. Remove from wok immediately to stop burning.
- 2Heat 2 teaspoons of the oil in same wok; stir-fry carrot until browned lightly and just tender. Remove from wok.
- 3Heat 1 tablespoon of the remaining oil in wok; stir-fry pork, in batches, until browned and just cooked through.
- 4Heat remaining oil in wok; stir-fry sprouts and garlic until golden. Add the water; simmer, loosely covered, until sprouts are just tender and water has evaporated. Return pork to wok with carrot and sauces; stir-fry until well coated and heated through.
- 5Serve stir-fry sprinkled with nuts; accompany with steamed rice, if you like.
When stir-frying, make sure all the ingredients are ready to go, and that includes the water and sauces. Peel, chop and measure everything before heating the wok, making sure everything is cut to a uniform size and thickness to ensure even cooking. The preparation of a stir-fry actually takes longer than the cooking.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Slow-cooker dessert recipesJul 10, 2020
- Christmas in July recipesJul 10, 2020
- Sustainable chowderJul 09, 2020
- Sausage rollsJul 09, 2020
- Perfect puff pastry recipesJul 09, 2020
- Banana bread with passionfruit icingJul 09, 2020
- Delicious roast chicken dinnersJul 09, 2020
- Spaghetti marinaraJul 09, 2020
- Seafood chowderJul 09, 2020
- Cinnamon sugar palmiersJul 09, 2020
- Our best homemade sausage rollsJul 09, 2020
- Our best hummus recipesJul 09, 2020
- Cornflake cookiesJul 08, 2020
- Vegetarian moussakaJul 08, 2020