- 1/3 cup (45g) slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 large carrot (180g), cut into matchsticks
- 450 gram pork fillet, sliced thinly
- 500 gram brussels sprouts, halved
- 4 clove garlic, sliced thickly
- 1 cup (250ml) water
- 2 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1Heat a large wok over high heat; stir-fry nuts until toasted. Remove from wok immediately to stop burning.
- 2Heat 2 teaspoons of the oil in same wok; stir-fry carrot until browned lightly and just tender. Remove from wok.
- 3Heat 1 tablespoon of the remaining oil in wok; stir-fry pork, in batches, until browned and just cooked through.
- 4Heat remaining oil in wok; stir-fry sprouts and garlic until golden. Add the water; simmer, loosely covered, until sprouts are just tender and water has evaporated. Return pork to wok with carrot and sauces; stir-fry until well coated and heated through.
- 5Serve stir-fry sprinkled with nuts; accompany with steamed rice, if you like.
When stir-frying, make sure all the ingredients are ready to go, and that includes the water and sauces. Peel, chop and measure everything before heating the wok, making sure everything is cut to a uniform size and thickness to ensure even cooking. The preparation of a stir-fry actually takes longer than the cooking.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Classic sconesYesterday 12:35am
- Rocky roadOct 22, 2020
- Our best homemade sausage rollsOct 22, 2020
- Beautiful buttermilk pancakesOct 22, 2020
- Chinese omelettesOct 22, 2020
- Sausage rollsOct 22, 2020
- Traditional shortbreadOct 22, 2020
- Strawberry & almond friand sliceOct 22, 2020
- Sticky glazed slow-roast pork neckOct 22, 2020
- Roast vegetable terrineOct 22, 2020
- Morning and afternoon tea recipesOct 22, 2020
- Fruit mince piesOct 22, 2020
- Roast pumpkin and couscous saladOct 22, 2020
- Lemon and sugar pancakesOct 22, 2020
- Roast pumpkin, spinach and feta saladOct 22, 2020
- Curried pasta saladOct 22, 2020