- 1/3 cup (45g) slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 large carrot (180g), cut into matchsticks
- 450 gram pork fillet, sliced thinly
- 500 gram brussels sprouts, halved
- 4 clove garlic, sliced thickly
- 1 cup (250ml) water
- 2 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1Heat a large wok over high heat; stir-fry nuts until toasted. Remove from wok immediately to stop burning.
- 2Heat 2 teaspoons of the oil in same wok; stir-fry carrot until browned lightly and just tender. Remove from wok.
- 3Heat 1 tablespoon of the remaining oil in wok; stir-fry pork, in batches, until browned and just cooked through.
- 4Heat remaining oil in wok; stir-fry sprouts and garlic until golden. Add the water; simmer, loosely covered, until sprouts are just tender and water has evaporated. Return pork to wok with carrot and sauces; stir-fry until well coated and heated through.
- 5Serve stir-fry sprinkled with nuts; accompany with steamed rice, if you like.
When stir-frying, make sure all the ingredients are ready to go, and that includes the water and sauces. Peel, chop and measure everything before heating the wok, making sure everything is cut to a uniform size and thickness to ensure even cooking. The preparation of a stir-fry actually takes longer than the cooking.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- The-night-before Christmas ice-cream cakeYesterday 11:50pm
- Lemon meringue sliceYesterday 1:00pm
- Hash brownsYesterday 1:00pm
- CassataYesterday 1:00pm
- How to make the perfect Christmas puddingYesterday 1:58am
- Julie Goodwin shares her chocolate trifle recipeNov 20, 2019
- Melting momentsNov 20, 2019
- Best ever Christmas fruit cake recipeNov 20, 2019
- Fresh apricot jamNov 20, 2019
- Super-moist rich fruit cakeNov 20, 2019
- Spiced Christmas biscuitsNov 20, 2019
- Moist Christmas cakeNov 20, 2019
- Brandy custardNov 20, 2019
- Classic trifleNov 20, 2019
- Curried prawnsNov 20, 2019