- ½ cup (80g) blanched almonds, roasted
- 500 g minced (ground) pork
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup finely chopped tarragon, plus 3 extra sprigs
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind
- ⅓ cup (25g) finely grated parmesan
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2½ cups (625ml) almond milk
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 bunch broccolini (175g), blanched, trimmed, halved lengthways
- 1 bunch kale (250g), trimmed, chopped
- extra chopped roasted blanched almonds and finely grated parmesan, to serve
- 1Place almonds in a small food processor; process until finely chopped. Combine pork, almonds, garlic, egg, tarragon, rind and parmesan in a large bowl; season. Roll into tablespoon-sized balls.
- 2Heat oil in a large, deep-sided frying pan over medium heat. Add meatballs and cook, turning, for 4 minutes or until browned.
- 3Add almond milk, extra tarragon sprigs and mustard; bring to a simmer. Cook for 6 minutes or until reduced slightly; season.
- 4Add broccolini and kale; toss. Cook for 2 minutes; season to taste. Serve with extra almonds and parmesan.
To blanch the broccolini, place in a heatproof bowl; cover with boiling water. Stand for 2 minutes; drain.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Slow-cooker dessert recipesYesterday 1:54am
- Christmas in July recipesYesterday 1:30am
- Sustainable chowderJul 09, 2020
- Sausage rollsJul 09, 2020
- Perfect puff pastry recipesJul 09, 2020
- Banana bread with passionfruit icingJul 09, 2020
- Delicious roast chicken dinnersJul 09, 2020
- Spaghetti marinaraJul 09, 2020
- Seafood chowderJul 09, 2020
- Cinnamon sugar palmiersJul 09, 2020
- Our best homemade sausage rollsJul 09, 2020
- Our best hummus recipesJul 09, 2020
- Cornflake cookiesJul 08, 2020
- Vegetarian moussakaJul 08, 2020