- 100 grams butter, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1.2 kg desiree or ruby lou potatoes, peeled
- 1Preheat oven to 240°C (220°C fan-forced). Lightly oil a shallow 26cm round ovenproof frying pan or 2-litre/8-cup capacity baking dish.
- 2Put the butter into a small saucepan over a low heat. With the side of a large knife, crush the garlic cloves and add them to the butter. When the butter has melted, remove from the heat and season lightly with sea salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper.
- 3Using a sharp knife, mandolin or v-slicer, cut potatoes into 2mm slices. Pat slices dry with paper towel. Place a single layer of potato, slightly overlapping, into the baking dish; brush with a little of the butter. Continue layering the remaining potato and butter; cover dish with foil.
- 4Bake potatoes for 20 minutes. Remove foil; using a metal spatula, press down on potato to gently compress it.
- 5Reduce oven temperature to 220°C (200°C fan-forced). Bake potato, uncovered, for about 30 minutes or until the top is crisp and golden and potato is tender. Cut into wedges to serve.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 43 polenta recipes for dinner or dessertYesterday 5:51am
- Rhubarb and strawberry sponge puddingsJun 30, 2022
- 18 gorgeous green curriesJun 30, 2022
- What to make with your preserved lemonJun 30, 2022
- Nacho bowlsJun 30, 2022
- Preserved lemon, mint and raisin couscous saladJun 30, 2022
- Tomato-braised lamb shanks with creamy polentaJun 30, 2022
- What food is in season in July?Jun 30, 2022
- Choo-choo train birthday cakeJun 30, 2022
- Cheese and silverbeet borekJun 29, 2022
- Minestrone with barley and greensJun 29, 2022
- 42 perfect puddingsJun 29, 2022
- Tzatziki dipJun 29, 2022