- 100 grams butter, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1.2 kg desiree or ruby lou potatoes, peeled
- 1Preheat oven to 240°C (220°C fan-forced). Lightly oil a shallow 26cm round ovenproof frying pan or 2-litre/8-cup capacity baking dish.
- 2Put the butter into a small saucepan over a low heat. With the side of a large knife, crush the garlic cloves and add them to the butter. When the butter has melted, remove from the heat and season lightly with sea salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper.
- 3Using a sharp knife, mandolin or v-slicer, cut potatoes into 2mm slices. Pat slices dry with paper towel. Place a single layer of potato, slightly overlapping, into the baking dish; brush with a little of the butter. Continue layering the remaining potato and butter; cover dish with foil.
- 4Bake potatoes for 20 minutes. Remove foil; using a metal spatula, press down on potato to gently compress it.
- 5Reduce oven temperature to 220°C (200°C fan-forced). Bake potato, uncovered, for about 30 minutes or until the top is crisp and golden and potato is tender. Cut into wedges to serve.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Raspberry and custard tea cakeJun 24, 2019
- Lamb kebabs on rosemary skewersJun 23, 2019
- Apricot bliss ballsJun 23, 2019
- Christmas in July recipesJun 21, 2019
- 14 sweet & savoury buttermilk recipesJun 19, 2019
- 19 indulgent dark chocolate recipesJun 19, 2019
- 12 lovely lentil recipesJun 19, 2019
- Tamarind beef stir fry with kohlrabi saladJun 17, 2019
- Kohlrabi & sweet potato rosti with cashew dipJun 17, 2019
- Delicious recipes to try in your Kmart pie makerJun 17, 2019
- Beef curry with turmeric rice and coconut sambalJun 14, 2019
- Banana cake recipesJun 14, 2019
- Beef curry recipesJun 14, 2019
- Fabulous frittata recipesJun 13, 2019
- 10 perfect puff pastry recipesJun 12, 2019