- 120 gram fresh raspberries
- 750 millilitre bottle chilled champagne
- 1 litre (4 cups) chilled unsweetened cranberry juice
- 1 cup firmly packed mint leaves
- 1 kilogram (4½ cups) caster sugar
- 2 cup (500ml) water
- 2 cup pomegranate pulp (about 8 large pomegranates)
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1Place about three raspberries in each hole of a 16-hole (1-tablespoon/20ml) ice cube tray. Pour water over raspberries to fill holes. Freeze about 3 hours or until set.
- 2Make pomegranate syrup. Stir sugar and the water in medium saucepan over heat until sugar dissolves. Bring to the boil; simmer, without stirring, about 10 minutes or until thickened slightly. Add pomegranate pulp and lemon juice; bring to the boil. Reduce heat, simmer 2 minutes. Remove pan from heat; stand 10 minutes. Strain and cool.
- 3Place 1 cup (250ml) of the pomegranate syrup in a large serving bowl (reserve remaining syrup for another use). Stir in champagne and cranberry juice. Add mint and raspberry ice cubes; serve immediately.
Leftover pomegranate syrup can be used as a cordial. Strain any extra syrup straight into a hot sterilised bottle; seal immediately. Store in refrigerator for up to 3 months. Mix about 1 part of the syrup to about 4 parts of still or sparkling water.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Apple and cinnamon crunch cake with cinnamon anglaiseYesterday 2:00pm
- Carrot falafelYesterday 2:00pm
- Turkish delightYesterday 2:00pm
- Spiced tofu bao with pineapple cucumber saladYesterday 2:00pm
- Zucchini koftas with harissa yoghurtYesterday 2:00pm
- 20 easy apple crumble recipes for dessertYesterday 2:00pm
- Crispy middle-eastern seed and spice potatoesYesterday 2:00pm
- 34 marvellous meatball recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Pork sausage and asparagus frittataYesterday 2:00pm
- Ratatouille stewMay 14, 2021
- Aussie damperMay 14, 2021
- 22 Indian recipesMay 13, 2021
- Brown rice and mushroom bowl with dukkah eggsMay 13, 2021
- Porridge recipes to warm up your morningsMay 13, 2021