- 250 gram butter, softened
- 1 cup (160g) icing sugar
- 2 cup (300g) plain flour
- 1/2 cup (75g) self-raising flour
- 1 cup (250ml) pomegranate seeds
- 2 tablespoon caster sugar
- 3 teaspoon cornflour
- 2 tablespoon water
- 1Beat butter and sifted icing sugar in small bowl with electric mixer until light and fluffy; transfer to large bowl.
- 2Stir sifted flours into butter mixture, in two batches. Knead dough on floured surface until smooth. Divide dough in half; roll each half into 20cm log. Cover with plastic wrap; refrigerate about 45 minutes or until firm.
- 3To remove the pomegranate seeds, cut in half crossways. Hold one half over a bowl, firmly tap on the skin with a wooden spoon or rolling pin, the seeds should fall out into the bowl.
- 4Combine seeds and caster sugar in small saucepan. Blend cornflour with the water in small bowl; add to sugar mixture. Cook, stirring, 2 minutes or until mixture boils and thickens. Cool to room temperature.
- 5Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Grease oven trays.
- 6Cut logs into 1cm slices; place 2cm apart on oven trays. Using thumb, make a slight indent, about the size of a 10 cent piece, in top of each cookie. Spoon 1 rounded teaspoon of the pomegranate mixture into each indent. Bake cookies about 12 minutes; cool on trays.
For this recipe you need 1 large pomegranate (375g).
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Classic rum ballsToday 4:29am
- Garlic breadToday 1:00am
- Chocolate and cherry bombe alaskaYesterday 11:55pm
- Garlic beef stir-fryYesterday 1:00pm
- Easy recipes with leeksYesterday 1:00pm
- Show-stopping Christmas recipes you'll be famous forYesterday 1:00pm
- Mouthwatering glazed Christmas ham recipesYesterday 1:00pm
- Fettuccine carbonaraYesterday 5:37am
- White ChristmasNov 22, 2020
- Perfect roast potatoesNov 22, 2020
- Baked chocolate and caramel cheesecakeNov 22, 2020
- Christmas fruit and spice friandsNov 22, 2020
- Classic boiled Christmas puddingNov 22, 2020
- Pork and fennel sausage rollsNov 22, 2020
- Best edible Christmas giftsNov 22, 2020
- Perfect pad thaiNov 20, 2020