- 250 gram butter, softened
- 1 cup (160g) icing sugar
- 2 cup (300g) plain flour
- 1/2 cup (75g) self-raising flour
- 1 cup (250ml) pomegranate seeds
- 2 tablespoon caster sugar
- 3 teaspoon cornflour
- 2 tablespoon water
- 1Beat butter and sifted icing sugar in small bowl with electric mixer until light and fluffy; transfer to large bowl.
- 2Stir sifted flours into butter mixture, in two batches. Knead dough on floured surface until smooth. Divide dough in half; roll each half into 20cm log. Cover with plastic wrap; refrigerate about 45 minutes or until firm.
- 3To remove the pomegranate seeds, cut in half crossways. Hold one half over a bowl, firmly tap on the skin with a wooden spoon or rolling pin, the seeds should fall out into the bowl.
- 4Combine seeds and caster sugar in small saucepan. Blend cornflour with the water in small bowl; add to sugar mixture. Cook, stirring, 2 minutes or until mixture boils and thickens. Cool to room temperature.
- 5Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Grease oven trays.
- 6Cut logs into 1cm slices; place 2cm apart on oven trays. Using thumb, make a slight indent, about the size of a 10 cent piece, in top of each cookie. Spoon 1 rounded teaspoon of the pomegranate mixture into each indent. Bake cookies about 12 minutes; cool on trays.
For this recipe you need 1 large pomegranate (375g).
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- South-East Asian dinner recipesYesterday 11:51pm
- Impossible pieYesterday 2:00pm
- What food is in season in June?Yesterday 2:00pm
- Pineapple upside-down cakeYesterday 2:00pm
- Ultimate slow cooker ideas for winterYesterday 2:00pm
- Banana cake recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Pumpkin sconesYesterday 2:00pm
- 14 sweet & savoury buttermilk recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Custard tartYesterday 2:00pm
- 27 brilliant ways to use barley in your recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Peach galetteYesterday 2:00pm
- Vietnamese beef brisketMay 29, 2020
- Baked rice custardMay 29, 2020
- Easy guacamoleMay 28, 2020
- Boeuf bourguignonMay 28, 2020