- 300 grams (9½oz) rhubarb (see tip)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 1/2 cups (625ml) skim milk
- 1/2 cup (125ml) light coconut milk
- 1/4 cup (90g) honey
- 1 cup water (250ml), extra
- 2/3 cup (110g) white polenta (cornmeal)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unsalted hazelnuts
- 1 1/2 tablespoons pistachios
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 3 teaspoons coriander seeds
- 2 1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F.
- 2Cut rhubarb into 8cm (3¼in) lengths. Place in a flameproof roasting pan, cover with foil; roast for 20 minutes or until rhubarb is soft but still holds its shape. Carefully transfer to a plate, leaving one piece of rhubarb in the pan. Leave the oven on for making sweet dukkah.
- 3Add the 2 tablespoons of water to rhubarb in pan; mash until mixture breaks up. Cook over low-medium heat, stirring, for 1 minute or until rhubarb breaks down into a sauce consistency. Remove from heat; cover to keep warm.
- 4Make sweet dukkah: Place nuts and seeds on an oven tray lined with baking paper; roast for 5 minutes. Crush coarsely with a mortar and pestle; cool. Place sugar and spices in a small bowl, add nut mixture; mix well.
- 5Meanwhile, whisk milk, coconut milk, honey and the extra water in a medium saucepan; bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low, slowly add polenta; cook, whisking constantly, for 2 minutes or until thick.
- 6Divide polenta evenly among four bowls; top evenly with rhubarb and rhubarb sauce; Sprinkle with dukkah to serve.
- The rhubarb can be cooked the day before; store in an airtight container, large enough so the rhubarb holds its shape, in the fridge.
- Rhubarb cooking time may vary according to thickness and ripeness of the rhubarb, so check after 15 minutes, then continue to cook if necessary.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Easter chocolate bunny bottomsYesterday 12:54am
- Easter bunny cakeApr 17, 2019
- Slow-cooked pickled porkApr 15, 2019
- Sausage casseroleApr 15, 2019
- PikeletsApr 15, 2019
- The best Anzac biscuit recipe of all timeApr 15, 2019
- Creamy bacon and fish pie with potato toppingApr 14, 2019
- Roast lambApr 14, 2019
- Roasted mushroom with baked eggsApr 10, 2019
- Chicken skewers with peach caprese saladApr 05, 2019
- Malted hazelnut layer cakeApr 05, 2019
- Salted caramelsApr 04, 2019
- Plum & hazelnut clafoutisApr 04, 2019
- Chocolate freckle Easter eggsApr 02, 2019
- White chocolate Easter bunny cupcakesApr 01, 2019