- 300 grams (9½oz) rhubarb (see tip)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 1/2 cups (625ml) skim milk
- 1/2 cup (125ml) light coconut milk
- 1/4 cup (90g) honey
- 1 cup water (250ml), extra
- 2/3 cup (110g) white polenta (cornmeal)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unsalted hazelnuts
- 1 1/2 tablespoons pistachios
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 3 teaspoons coriander seeds
- 2 1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F.
- 2Cut rhubarb into 8cm (3¼in) lengths. Place in a flameproof roasting pan, cover with foil; roast for 20 minutes or until rhubarb is soft but still holds its shape. Carefully transfer to a plate, leaving one piece of rhubarb in the pan. Leave the oven on for making sweet dukkah.
- 3Add the 2 tablespoons of water to rhubarb in pan; mash until mixture breaks up. Cook over low-medium heat, stirring, for 1 minute or until rhubarb breaks down into a sauce consistency. Remove from heat; cover to keep warm.
- 4Make sweet dukkah: Place nuts and seeds on an oven tray lined with baking paper; roast for 5 minutes. Crush coarsely with a mortar and pestle; cool. Place sugar and spices in a small bowl, add nut mixture; mix well.
- 5Meanwhile, whisk milk, coconut milk, honey and the extra water in a medium saucepan; bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low, slowly add polenta; cook, whisking constantly, for 2 minutes or until thick.
- 6Divide polenta evenly among four bowls; top evenly with rhubarb and rhubarb sauce; Sprinkle with dukkah to serve.
- The rhubarb can be cooked the day before; store in an airtight container, large enough so the rhubarb holds its shape, in the fridge.
- Rhubarb cooking time may vary according to thickness and ripeness of the rhubarb, so check after 15 minutes, then continue to cook if necessary.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Carrot cake with cream cheese frostingYesterday 11:22pm
- Lamb kofta with cucumber yoghurtYesterday 11:00pm
- Creamy salmon gnocchiYesterday 1:00pm
- 20 of our best gnocchi recipesYesterday 1:00pm
- Easy hot cross bunsApr 01, 2020
- Gluten-free banana breadApr 01, 2020
- Fluffy buttermilk pancakesApr 01, 2020
- Chicken, pumpkin and apricot tagineApr 01, 2020
- Salted honeycombApr 01, 2020
- Tuna mornayApr 01, 2020
- Flourless cakesMar 31, 2020
- White sauceMar 31, 2020
- Dinner date recipes to impressMar 31, 2020
- The big chocolate cookieMar 31, 2020
- Princess-themed birthday cakesMar 31, 2020
- 100 years of Australian dinnersMar 31, 2020