- 3 kilogram whole salmon or ocean trout, gutted, scaled
- 2 sprigs fresh dill
- 2 sprigs fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon whole black peppercorns
- 1 cup (250ml) dry white wine
- lemon wedges, to serve
- 1Wipe the fish dry with absorbent paper. Place the fish, herbs, peppercorns and wine in a fish kettle. Add enough cold water to completely cover the fish. Bring to a boil.
- 2Immediately turn off heat and leave salmon in kettle, covered, for 30 minutes. The large fin in the centre of the fish's back should come away easily from the bone when it is cooked.
- 3When the fish is cooked, lift tray with fish on it from the poaching liquid. Allow to drain well. Discard liquid and herbs. Transfer fish to a serving platter; remove skin from the top of fish. Serve with lemon wedges.
Salmon can be poached several hours ahead, but white fish is best poached just before serving.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Vanilla cake with vanilla bean icingOct 20, 2019
- Wheaty banana muffinsOct 20, 2019
- Honey joysOct 16, 2019
- Chicken curry recipesOct 16, 2019
- Nasi goreng with chicken and shrimpOct 16, 2019
- French toastOct 16, 2019
- Peanut butter cookiesOct 16, 2019
- Ocean trout salad with edamame miso dressingOct 16, 2019
- Windsor shortbreadOct 16, 2019
- Coconut riceOct 16, 2019
- Best burger recipesOct 16, 2019
- Pumpkin and maple bacon tarts with fried eggsOct 16, 2019
- Sweet potato bubble and squeakOct 16, 2019
- Spiced apple filo coilOct 16, 2019
- Lemon curd cakeOct 16, 2019
- Butter chickenOct 15, 2019