- 3 kilogram whole salmon or ocean trout, gutted, scaled
- 2 sprigs fresh dill
- 2 sprigs fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon whole black peppercorns
- 1 cup (250ml) dry white wine
- lemon wedges, to serve
- 1Wipe the fish dry with absorbent paper. Place the fish, herbs, peppercorns and wine in a fish kettle. Add enough cold water to completely cover the fish. Bring to a boil.
- 2Immediately turn off heat and leave salmon in kettle, covered, for 30 minutes. The large fin in the centre of the fish's back should come away easily from the bone when it is cooked.
- 3When the fish is cooked, lift tray with fish on it from the poaching liquid. Allow to drain well. Discard liquid and herbs. Transfer fish to a serving platter; remove skin from the top of fish. Serve with lemon wedges.
Salmon can be poached several hours ahead, but white fish is best poached just before serving.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Classic rum ballsToday 4:29am
- Cherry tomato and goats cheese bruschettaYesterday 1:00pm
- 13 Christmas cookies recipesYesterday 1:00pm
- Gluten-free and dairy-free steamed puddingYesterday 1:00pm
- Salmon gravlax platterYesterday 1:00pm
- Perfect barbecue prawnsYesterday 1:00pm
- Our best bruschetta recipesYesterday 1:00pm
- Sticky chicken wings with dipping sauceYesterday 1:00pm
- Spiced pumpkin pies with honey & nutsYesterday 1:00pm
- Garlic breadNov 24, 2020
- Chocolate and cherry bombe alaskaNov 23, 2020
- Mouthwatering glazed Christmas ham recipesNov 23, 2020
- Garlic beef stir-fryNov 23, 2020
- Easy recipes with leeksNov 23, 2020
- Fettuccine carbonaraNov 23, 2020