Poached pear tart
- 4 pears
- 1/3 cup (75g) sugar
- 3 cup (750ml) water
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 packet (435g) sweet shortcrust pastry
- 225 gram unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup (225g) almond meal (ground almonds)
- 2 cup (225g) caster sugar
- 3 eggs
Warm chocolate sauce
- 200 gram dark chocolate, chopped finely
- 2 tablespoon strong black coffee
- 1/3 cup (180ml) cream
- 20 gram butter
Poached pear tart with warm chocolate sauce
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced).
- 2Peel pears, cut them in half and scoop out their cores. Bring the sugar and water to the boil in a medium saucepan; add cinnamon and pears. simmer for 10-15 minutes or until they are just soft. Drain and discard syrup.
- 3Roll the pastry out to fit a 28cm fluted tart tin. Line tin with the pastry; refrigerate for 30 minutes. Line the tart case with baking paper and fill with baking weights (or rice). Bake the pastry for 15 minutes. Remove baking weights and paper, return to oven for a further 10 minutes or until pastry is golden and dry, shielding edge with foil if over-browning.
- 4In a food processor, combine the butter, almond meal and sugar; process until smooth. Add the eggs; process to combine. Spoon the almond mixture into the cooled baked tart case.
- 5Press the poached pears into the almond mixture and bake in the oven for 40 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through. Cool on a wire rack.
- 6To make warm chocolate sauce, combine the chocolate, coffee and cream in a small saucepan. Heat slowly, stirring, until chocolate has melted. Stir until smooth, then stir in the butter and pour the sauce into a warm jug.
- 7Serve tart with warm chocolate sauce.
Not suitable to freeze or microwave.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Duxelles-filled lamb leg with roast vegetablesYesterday 2:00pm
- Lemon meringue pieYesterday 2:00pm
- Cauliflower cheeseYesterday 7:00am
- Slow-cooker Thai basil and chilli chicken with cashewsYesterday 6:15am
- Roasted sumac chicken with baby vegetablesYesterday 5:15am
- Lemon drizzle cakeYesterday 4:18am
- Rhubarb and vanilla baked custardYesterday 2:44am
- Cottage pieMay 23, 2022
- Cheesy vegetable pasta bakeMay 23, 2022
- Chicken carbonara baked pastaMay 23, 2022
- Turkish bread with lamb and eggsMay 23, 2022
- 20 perfect pasta bakesMay 23, 2022
- 20 sensational schnitzelsMay 23, 2022
- Italian chicken schnitzelMay 23, 2022