Poached pear pudding
- 3 cup water
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1 vanilla bean, split
- 4 small under-ripe pears, peeled
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 tablespoon cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 150 gram butter, melted, cooled
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- vanilla ice-cream, to serve
Poached pear podding
- 1In a medium saucepan, place water, sugar and vanilla. Stir on medium heat until sugar dissolves.
- 2Add pears, ensuring they are covered with syrup - add extra water as required. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, covered, for 25-30 minutes, until pears are just tender. Drain, cool slightly and cut pears in half lengthways.
- 3Preheat oven to 200°C. Lightly grease an 8-cup baking dish.
- 4In a large bowl, sift flour, cocoa, baking powder and ginger. Stir sugar through. Make well in centre, then gradually stir in butter and eggs to form a smooth batter.
- 5Pour pudding mixture into dish. Arrange pears in mixture. Bake 25-30 minutes, until just set. Serve warm with vanilla ice-cream.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Classic lamingtonsJan 25, 2020
- Lamington popsJan 25, 2020
- Chilli con carneYesterday 1:15am
- What's in season in January?Jan 20, 2020
- Chilli con capsicumJan 19, 2020
- Gai lan and mushroom five-spice stir-fryJan 19, 2020
- Churros with hot chocolateJan 16, 2020
- Bourbon & molasses barbecue sauceJan 16, 2020
- Ricotta cheesecake with mangoJan 16, 2020
- Passionfruit cheesecake sliceJan 15, 2020
- Crab and zucchini spaghettiJan 15, 2020
- Prawn cocktail platterJan 15, 2020
- Quick three-cheese frittataJan 15, 2020
- Paprika chicken with chilli sauceJan 15, 2020
- Chicken skewers with green olive dressingJan 15, 2020