Poached pear pudding
- 3 cup water
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1 vanilla bean, split
- 4 small under-ripe pears, peeled
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 tablespoon cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 150 gram butter, melted, cooled
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- vanilla ice-cream, to serve
Poached pear podding
- 1In a medium saucepan, place water, sugar and vanilla. Stir on medium heat until sugar dissolves.
- 2Add pears, ensuring they are covered with syrup - add extra water as required. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, covered, for 25-30 minutes, until pears are just tender. Drain, cool slightly and cut pears in half lengthways.
- 3Preheat oven to 200°C. Lightly grease an 8-cup baking dish.
- 4In a large bowl, sift flour, cocoa, baking powder and ginger. Stir sugar through. Make well in centre, then gradually stir in butter and eggs to form a smooth batter.
- 5Pour pudding mixture into dish. Arrange pears in mixture. Bake 25-30 minutes, until just set. Serve warm with vanilla ice-cream.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Tom yum fried rice with prawnsToday 7:15am
- Quinoa recipes that really hit the spotToday 5:27am
- Creamy chicken and pasta saladToday 1:30am
- Vegetarian lasagne recipesSep 11, 2019
- Juice recipes to rival those bought in-storeSep 11, 2019
- Jerk fish & slaw salad cupsSep 10, 2019
- Mixed berry and ricotta tartSep 10, 2019
- Chicken, burghul & pomegranate saladSep 09, 2019
- Fudgy choc-cherry biscuitsSep 06, 2019
- Flourless chocolate hazelnut cakeSep 06, 2019
- Potato bakeSep 06, 2019
- Spinach dip cob loafSep 06, 2019
- Quiche LorraineSep 05, 2019