- 750 gram plums, quartered and deseeded
- 185 gram (1 1/2 cups) finely chopped pecans
- 75 gram (1/3 cup, firmly packed) brown sugar, plus extra, to taste (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 2 sheets frozen butter puff pastry, thawed
- plain flour, to dust
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- vanilla ice-cream (optional), to serve
- 1Preheat oven to 190°C. Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper.
- 2Place plums, pecans, sugar, cinnamon and rind in a bowl and toss to combine. Add extra sugar to taste, if desired.
- 3Cut each pastry sheet into 4 squares. Lightly dust a cool, flat surface with flour and place pastry on top. Spoon plum mixture evenly into centre of each pastry square and brush edges with some of egg. Fold pastry over in half diagonally to form a triangle and use a fork to seal edges.
- 4Place on prepared tray and brush tops with remaining egg. Cook in oven for 25 minutes, until puffed and golden. Serve warm with ice-cream, if desired.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 28 mango recipes for dessertOct 21, 2021
- 13 Spooky Halloween recipesOct 21, 2021
- Seeded pumpkin breadOct 21, 2021
- Apple crumbleOct 21, 2021
- Santorini tomato frittersOct 21, 2021
- Zucchini primavera with poached eggsOct 21, 2021
- Gluten-free banana breadOct 21, 2021
- Fresh tomato pizzettasOct 21, 2021
- Basic hummusOct 20, 2021
- Custard tartOct 20, 2021
- Our best hummus recipesOct 20, 2021
- Roti canai flatbreadOct 20, 2021
- Peaches and cream pieOct 20, 2021
- Our classic pavlova recipeOct 20, 2021