- 10 small (800g) plums
- 1/3 cup (75g) caster sugar
- 1/2 cup (110g) firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (75g) plain flour
- 1/2 cup (40g) desiccated coconut
- 75 gram unsalted butter, chopped
- 1Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced).
- 2Halve the plums; remove stones. Slice the plums; place in a large bowl. Add the caster sugar; toss until the plums are well coated in the sugar. Stand for 10 minutes.
- 3Meanwhile, combine brown sugar, flour and coconut in a bowl; rub in the butter.
- 4Stir the plums again to ensure they are well coated, then spoon into the base of six (2/3 cup/160ml) ovenproof dishes or a 1-litre (4-cup) ovenproof dish. Top the plums with the crumble mixture, place dishes on an oven tray. Bake for about 30 minutes or until golden and the juices are bubbling over the side.
- 5Serve warm with whipped cream, ice-cream or custard, if desired.
Suitable to freeze. Not suitable to microwave.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 28 mango recipes for dessertOct 21, 2021
- 13 Spooky Halloween recipesOct 21, 2021
- Seeded pumpkin breadOct 21, 2021
- Apple crumbleOct 21, 2021
- Santorini tomato frittersOct 21, 2021
- Zucchini primavera with poached eggsOct 21, 2021
- Gluten-free banana breadOct 21, 2021
- Fresh tomato pizzettasOct 21, 2021
- Basic hummusOct 20, 2021
- Custard tartOct 20, 2021
- Our best hummus recipesOct 20, 2021
- Roti canai flatbreadOct 20, 2021
- Peaches and cream pieOct 20, 2021
- Our classic pavlova recipeOct 20, 2021