- 500 gram red-flesh plums
- 60 gram butter, softened
- 1/2 cup (110g) caster (superfine) sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup (60g) ground hazelnuts
- 300 millilitre pouring cream
- 1/4 cup (70g) roasted skinless hazelnuts, halved
- 1 1/2 teaspoon icing (confectioners') sugar
Plum & hazelnut clafoutis
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F.
- 2Cut plums in half; remove and discard stones. Place plums, cut-side up, in a greased 1-litre (4-cup) shallow ovenproof dish.
- 3Beat butter and sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Whisk in eggs, one at a time, then whisk in ground hazelnuts and cream until just combined. Pour batter between plums.
- 4Bake clafoutis 40 minutes or until golden and a knife inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- 5Serve clafoutis warm, topped with hazelnuts and dusted with icing sugar.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Chocolate peanut butter slab cakeToday 5:19am
- Citrus almond twistAug 20, 2019
- Pistachio and apricot baklava cakeAug 20, 2019
- 10 quick and easy dessertsAug 20, 2019
- Teriyaki salmonAug 19, 2019
- Pistachio, pink pepper & rose petal barkAug 19, 2019
- Garlicky mushroom pizzaAug 19, 2019
- Mushroom pie with minted mushy peasAug 18, 2019
- Mixed berry clafoutisAug 16, 2019
- Banoffee meringue with honeycombAug 15, 2019
- Spinach, cheese and potato cannelloniAug 15, 2019
- Pumpkin and maple bacon tarts with fried eggsAug 14, 2019
- Free-form mushroom and cheese tartAug 13, 2019
- Lumberjack cakeAug 11, 2019
- Salmon recipesAug 09, 2019