- 500 gram red-flesh plums
- 60 gram butter, softened
- 1/2 cup (110g) caster (superfine) sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup (60g) ground hazelnuts
- 300 millilitre pouring cream
- 1/4 cup (70g) roasted skinless hazelnuts, halved
- 1 1/2 teaspoon icing (confectioners') sugar
Plum & hazelnut clafoutis
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F.
- 2Cut plums in half; remove and discard stones. Place plums, cut-side up, in a greased 1-litre (4-cup) shallow ovenproof dish.
- 3Beat butter and sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Whisk in eggs, one at a time, then whisk in ground hazelnuts and cream until just combined. Pour batter between plums.
- 4Bake clafoutis 40 minutes or until golden and a knife inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- 5Serve clafoutis warm, topped with hazelnuts and dusted with icing sugar.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Easter chocolate bunny bottomsApr 18, 2019
- Easter bunny cakeApr 17, 2019
- Slow-cooked pickled porkApr 15, 2019
- Sausage casseroleApr 15, 2019
- PikeletsApr 15, 2019
- The best Anzac biscuit recipe of all timeApr 15, 2019
- Creamy bacon and fish pie with potato toppingApr 14, 2019
- Roast lambApr 14, 2019
- Roasted mushroom with baked eggsApr 10, 2019
- Chicken skewers with peach caprese saladApr 05, 2019
- Malted hazelnut layer cakeApr 05, 2019
- Salted caramelsApr 04, 2019
- Plum & hazelnut clafoutisApr 04, 2019
- Chocolate freckle Easter eggsApr 02, 2019
- White chocolate Easter bunny cupcakesApr 01, 2019