- 500 gram red-flesh plums
- 60 gram butter, softened
- 1/2 cup (110g) caster (superfine) sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup (60g) ground hazelnuts
- 300 millilitre pouring cream
- 1/4 cup (70g) roasted skinless hazelnuts, halved
- 1 1/2 teaspoon icing (confectioners') sugar
Plum & hazelnut clafoutis
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F.
- 2Cut plums in half; remove and discard stones. Place plums, cut-side up, in a greased 1-litre (4-cup) shallow ovenproof dish.
- 3Beat butter and sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Whisk in eggs, one at a time, then whisk in ground hazelnuts and cream until just combined. Pour batter between plums.
- 4Bake clafoutis 40 minutes or until golden and a knife inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- 5Serve clafoutis warm, topped with hazelnuts and dusted with icing sugar.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Coconut, tomato and lentil soupJan 20, 2022
- 30 sweet slice recipesJan 20, 2022
- Fresh tomato pizzettasJan 20, 2022
- Our best Italian recipesJan 19, 2022
- 22 marvellous muffin recipesJan 19, 2022
- Marbled cheesecake browniesJan 19, 2022
- Lemon chicken casseroleJan 19, 2022
- Lemon sliceJan 19, 2022
- Cinnamon doughnutsJan 19, 2022
- Chicken cacciatoreJan 19, 2022
- Chilli jamJan 19, 2022
- Garlic breadJan 19, 2022
- 10 classic recipes to master once and for allJan 19, 2022