- 500 gram red-flesh plums
- 60 gram butter, softened
- 1/2 cup (110g) caster (superfine) sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup (60g) ground hazelnuts
- 300 millilitre pouring cream
- 1/4 cup (70g) roasted skinless hazelnuts, halved
- 1 1/2 teaspoon icing (confectioners') sugar
Plum & hazelnut clafoutis
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F.
- 2Cut plums in half; remove and discard stones. Place plums, cut-side up, in a greased 1-litre (4-cup) shallow ovenproof dish.
- 3Beat butter and sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Whisk in eggs, one at a time, then whisk in ground hazelnuts and cream until just combined. Pour batter between plums.
- 4Bake clafoutis 40 minutes or until golden and a knife inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- 5Serve clafoutis warm, topped with hazelnuts and dusted with icing sugar.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Vegan roastYesterday 11:59pm
- 4 ways with roast potatoesYesterday 1:00pm
- Summer stone fruit pandoro puddingDec 13, 2019
- Rosé and raspberry trifleDec 13, 2019
- Gingerbread gift boxesDec 12, 2019
- A very vegetarian ChristmasDec 12, 2019
- Salt and vinegar roast potatoesDec 12, 2019
- DukkahDec 11, 2019
- Mocha mi suDec 11, 2019
- Santa saladDec 11, 2019
- Crackling hamDec 11, 2019
- Sausage rollsDec 11, 2019
- Rich chocolate fudge recipeDec 10, 2019
- Classic roast chicken with gravyDec 10, 2019