- 500 gram red-flesh plums
- 60 gram butter, softened
- 1/2 cup (110g) caster (superfine) sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup (60g) ground hazelnuts
- 300 millilitre pouring cream
- 1/4 cup (70g) roasted skinless hazelnuts, halved
- 1 1/2 teaspoon icing (confectioners') sugar
Plum & hazelnut clafoutis
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F.
- 2Cut plums in half; remove and discard stones. Place plums, cut-side up, in a greased 1-litre (4-cup) shallow ovenproof dish.
- 3Beat butter and sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Whisk in eggs, one at a time, then whisk in ground hazelnuts and cream until just combined. Pour batter between plums.
- 4Bake clafoutis 40 minutes or until golden and a knife inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- 5Serve clafoutis warm, topped with hazelnuts and dusted with icing sugar.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Delicious breakfast recipes for Mother's DayMay 04, 2021
- Star anise, soy and beer-braised beef shinMay 04, 2021
- Butterfly cakesMay 04, 2021
- Bolognese pasta bakeMay 04, 2021
- Zucchini and sweet potato loafMay 04, 2021
- 33 of our slow-cooked favouritesMay 04, 2021
- Cheesy risotto ballsMay 04, 2021
- Mixed bean chilliMay 04, 2021
- Amazing Mother's Day lunch recipes for your mumMay 04, 2021
- 20 edible gift ideas for Mother's DayMay 04, 2021
- Pizza dough and basic tomato sauceMay 04, 2021
- Prawn chu chee curryMay 04, 2021
- 25 delicious chicken breast recipesMay 04, 2021
- Spanish seafood stew with aioliMay 04, 2021