- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large clove garlic, crushed
- 700 gram jar passata pomodoro
- flaky sea salt
- dried oregano
- 1 batch of pizza dough
- fine semolina, for shaping dough
- 150 gram chorizo, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup olives, chopped and pitted
- 225 gram jar chargrilled artichokes, drained, gently squeezed then sliced into slivers
- 1Preheat oven to 220°C and set an oven rack in the centre.
- 2Heat the oil in a medium saucepan and add garlic. As soon as it changes colour, add the passata. Swirl a little water around the jar of passata to loosen any clinging tomato pulp and add this to the pan. Season with a few pinches of sea salt and oregano.
- 3Bring sauce to a gentle bubble then cook gently, stirring from time to time, for 25 minutes or so, until rich and thick.
- 4Cut off small blobs of dough and roll into balls, then press flat into rounds on a baking tray lined with baking paper and sprinkled with semolina. (I find it best to work with half a batch of dough at a time, keeping the remainder sprinkled with semolina and draped with plastic food wrap).
- 5Top each dough round with a dollop of passata sauce, a slice of chorizo, a pinch of chopped olives, a sliver or two of artichoke, a little chopped mozzarella and a sprinkle of oregano and flaky sea salt.
- 6Bake pizzette for about 10 minutes, until the dough is slightly puffed and the topping golden.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 10 recipes for a modern Australian ChristmasYesterday 10:50pm
- The Australian Women's Weekly's classic pavlova recipeYesterday 1:00pm
- Cauliflower 'rice' pilafNov 07, 2019
- Chocolate sour cream cakeNov 06, 2019
- Tomato, prosciutto and mozzarella tartNov 06, 2019
- 13 ways with broad beansNov 05, 2019
- Spaghetti carbonaraNov 05, 2019
- Gingerbread biscuitsNov 05, 2019
- Prawn, pea & broad bean frittataNov 05, 2019
- The best finger foods for your next partyNov 03, 2019
- Very green veggie curryNov 03, 2019
- Snapper and tomato tray bakeNov 03, 2019
- Classic rum ballsNov 01, 2019
- The basic crepe recipe every cook needsOct 31, 2019