- 180 gram butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 2/3 cup (110g) icing sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoon milk
- 1 2/3 cup (250g) plain flour
- 2 tablespoon cornflour
- 2 tablespoon pistachio nuts, chopped coarsely
- 1Beat butter, paste and 1/2 cup of the sifted icing sugar in small bowl with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add milk, beat until combined. Add sifted flour and cornflour; beat on low speed until just combined.
- 2Refrigerate biscuit dough about 10 minutes or until firm enough to roll.
- 3Shape dough into a 30cm log, roll dough in baking paper until smooth and round. Place on tray; refrigerate dough 1 hour.
- 4Meanwhile, preheat oven to 160°C (140°C fan-forced). Line oven trays with baking paper.
- 5Cut dough into 5mm slices. Place slices on trays about 3cm apart. Sprinkle with nuts, lightly pressing nuts into dough.
- 6Bake about 15 minutes or until a pale straw colour. Stand biscuits on trays for 3 minutes; transfer to wire racks to cool slightly. While still warm, dust biscuits with remaining icing sugar. Cool completely on wire racks.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 46 creative ways with carrotsAug 11, 2022
- Mushroom soupAug 11, 2022
- Gluten free shortcrust pastryAug 10, 2022
- Gluten-free chocolate and almond biscuitsAug 10, 2022
- Air fryer potato gratinAug 10, 2022
- Gluten free cornflake and honey sconesAug 10, 2022
- Italian meatballsAug 10, 2022
- How to sterilise and seal glass jarsAug 10, 2022
- Cumquat ginger marmaladeAug 10, 2022
- 4-ingredient triple choc browniesAug 09, 2022
- 46 sweet slice recipesAug 09, 2022
- How to cook pastaAug 08, 2022
- Chicken carbonara baked pastaAug 08, 2022