- 1 cup (140g) coarsely chopped pistachios
- 6 egg whites
- 1 1/2 cup (330g) caster sugar (superfine sugar)
- 2 teaspoon cornflour (cornstarch)
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoon white vinegar
Pistachio meringue with white peaches and berries
- 2 cup (500ml) thickened (heavy) cream
- 4 medium white peaches (600g), cut into thin wedges
- 125 gram fresh blueberries
- 125 gram fresh blackberries
- 2 tablespoon coarsely chopped pistachios, roasted
- 1Preheat oven to 120°C.
- 2Mark two 22cm circles on sheets of baking paper. Turn paper over, place on two oven trays.
- 3Process half the nuts until fine.
- 4Beat egg whites in a medium bowl with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Add sugar, a tablespoon at a time, beating until sugar dissolves between additions; beat until mixture is thick and glossy. Beat in cornflour, extract and vinegar; fold in ground nuts.
- 5Divide meringue mixture between circles on trays; spread evenly.
- 6Sprinkle with remaining nuts. Bake about 1¼ hours. Cool in oven with door ajar.
- 7Beat cream in a small bowl with an electric mixer until firm peaks form.
- 8Place a meringue disc on serving plate. Spread with half the cream, then top with half the peaches and berries. Top with remaining meringue, cream, fruit and nuts.
Make and assemble recipe at least a day ahead; this makes slicing it so much easier.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 28 mango recipes for dessertOct 21, 2021
- 13 Spooky Halloween recipesOct 21, 2021
- Seeded pumpkin breadOct 21, 2021
- Apple crumbleOct 21, 2021
- Santorini tomato frittersOct 21, 2021
- Zucchini primavera with poached eggsOct 21, 2021
- Gluten-free banana breadOct 21, 2021
- Fresh tomato pizzettasOct 21, 2021
- Basic hummusOct 20, 2021
- Custard tartOct 20, 2021
- Our best hummus recipesOct 20, 2021
- Roti canai flatbreadOct 20, 2021
- Peaches and cream pieOct 20, 2021
- Our classic pavlova recipeOct 20, 2021