- 30 centimetre x 40cm rectangular cake board
- 2 x 450g packets double unfilled sponge slabs
- 453 gram tub vanilla frosting
- pink food colouring
- 375 gram strawberries, sliced
- 8 extreme red sour straps
- 50 gram milk chocolate melts
- 2 banana lollies
- 1 white marshmallow, halved
- 1 sugar-free double d pink lolly
- 1 soft black licorice, sliced thinly
- 11 pink musk sticks
Pink flamingo cake
- 1Using picture as a guide, cut one of the sandwiched sponge cakes into flamingo’s body. Secure to cake board with a little frosting. Cut flamingo’s head and neck from remaining sandwiched sponge cake. Secure in position with a little frosting.
- 2Tint frosting pink. Spread frosting over top and sides of cake. Using picture as a guide, decorate body with sliced strawberries.
- 3Cut sour straps into long pieces, position on cake for wing.
- 4Melt the chocolate. Dip one end of each banana into melted chocolate; place on baking paper to set. Position bananas on head for beak. Position marshmallow, double D lolly and licorice for eye and musk sticks for legs.
Position strawberry slices on the flamingo shortly before serving.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 28 mango recipes for dessertOct 21, 2021
- 13 Spooky Halloween recipesOct 21, 2021
- Seeded pumpkin breadOct 21, 2021
- Apple crumbleOct 21, 2021
- Santorini tomato frittersOct 21, 2021
- Zucchini primavera with poached eggsOct 21, 2021
- Gluten-free banana breadOct 21, 2021
- Fresh tomato pizzettasOct 21, 2021
- Basic hummusOct 20, 2021
- Custard tartOct 20, 2021
- Our best hummus recipesOct 20, 2021
- Roti canai flatbreadOct 20, 2021
- Peaches and cream pieOct 20, 2021
- Our classic pavlova recipeOct 20, 2021