- 1/3 cup (80ml) fresh pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup (60ml) tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup (60ml) soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon malt vinegar
- 2 teaspoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoon paprika
- 8 chicken wings (800g)
- 400 gram pineapple, core removed, chopped coarsely
- 1 lebanese cucumber (130g), chopped coarsely
- 1 fresh long green chilli, sliced thinly
- 1/2 small red onion (50g), sliced thinly (or 1 spring onion, thinly sliced)
- 2 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 cup each fresh coriander and mint leaves
- 1Preheat oven to 220°C. Line a large oven tray with baking paper.
- 2Place pineapple juice, sauces, vinegar, ginger, garlic and sugar in a medium frying pan; boil, over medium heat, for 5 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened.
- 3Place chicken on oven tray, sprinkle with paprika; toss to combine. Add sauce; toss to combine. Transfer tray to oven; roast chicken, basting occasionally, for 25 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
- 4Meanwhile, make pineapple and chilli salad: Combine ingredients in a large bowl; toss gently to combine.
- 5Serve huli huli chicken with pineapple and chilli salad; accompany with extra lime wedges.
You can cook the chicken wings whole, if preferred. To prepare wings, snip the tips off using strong kitchen scissors, then cut the wings in half at the joint with the scissors or a large flat knife. You could also ask the butcher to do this for you. Any leftovers will make a great lunch the next day.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Classic lamingtonsJan 25, 2020
- Lamington popsJan 25, 2020
- Churros with hot chocolateYesterday 1:00pm
- Ricotta cheesecake with mangoYesterday 1:00pm
- Bourbon & molasses barbecue sauceYesterday 1:00pm
- Passionfruit cheesecake sliceJan 15, 2020
- Paprika chicken with chilli sauceJan 15, 2020
- Crab and zucchini spaghettiJan 15, 2020
- Quick three-cheese frittataJan 15, 2020
- Prawn cocktail platterJan 15, 2020
- Chicken skewers with green olive dressingJan 15, 2020
- Three-ingredient plum tartJan 15, 2020
- Linguine with garlic prawnsJan 15, 2020
- Lamb kofta with yoghurtJan 15, 2020
- Scone recipesJan 15, 2020