- 125 gram softened butter
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 cup self-raising flour, sifted
- 1 cup milk
- pineapple pieces, micro lemon balm leaves, to serve
Pineapple and ginger syrup
- 1/2 medium pineapple, peeled, core and thinly sliced
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup ginger marmalade
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
Pineapple and ginger syrup cake
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C. Lightly grease and line a 18 cm round cake pan.
- 2In a bowl using an electric mixer, beat butter and caster sugar together until creamy. Beat in vanilla extract. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- 3Fold in flour alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour. Pour mixture into pan. Bake for 35-40 minutes, until cooked when tested.
- 4Meanwhile to make syrup; place pineapple in a medium saucepan with water, ginger marmalade and caster sugar. Stir on medium until sugar dissolves. Increase heat to high. Boil for 15 minutes until reduced and syrupy.
- 5Turn hot cake onto a wire rack over a tray (the tray will catch excess syrup). Pour over warm syrup while cake is hot. Serve topped with pineapple pieces and micro lemon balm leaves.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Mushroom filled beef fillet with port sauceDec 05, 2019
- Crispy roast potatoes with rosemary saltDec 05, 2019
- Turkey with apricot & hazelnut stuffingDec 05, 2019
- Coffee wreath (with chocolate sauce)Dec 05, 2019
- 34 side dishes to complete your Christmas mealDec 05, 2019
- Barbecued corn, spinach and avocado saladDec 05, 2019
- Roast beetroot and goat’s cheese terrineDec 05, 2019
- Nutella cheesecakeDec 05, 2019
- White Christmas sliceDec 05, 2019
- Dark plum jamDec 04, 2019
- Oysters with pink & green mignonette dressingsDec 04, 2019
- Ice-cream Christmas pudding logDec 04, 2019
- Herb-brined turkey breast in pancettaDec 04, 2019
- Coconut banana stacked cakeDec 03, 2019
- 2-in-1 basic fruit mixDec 02, 2019