- 125 gram softened butter
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 cup self-raising flour, sifted
- 1 cup milk
- pineapple pieces, micro lemon balm leaves, to serve
Pineapple and ginger syrup
- 1/2 medium pineapple, peeled, core and thinly sliced
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup ginger marmalade
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
Pineapple and ginger syrup cake
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C. Lightly grease and line a 18 cm round cake pan.
- 2In a bowl using an electric mixer, beat butter and caster sugar together until creamy. Beat in vanilla extract. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- 3Fold in flour alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour. Pour mixture into pan. Bake for 35-40 minutes, until cooked when tested.
- 4Meanwhile to make syrup; place pineapple in a medium saucepan with water, ginger marmalade and caster sugar. Stir on medium until sugar dissolves. Increase heat to high. Boil for 15 minutes until reduced and syrupy.
- 5Turn hot cake onto a wire rack over a tray (the tray will catch excess syrup). Pour over warm syrup while cake is hot. Serve topped with pineapple pieces and micro lemon balm leaves.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Chocolate peanut butter slab cakeToday 5:19am
- Citrus almond twistAug 20, 2019
- Pistachio and apricot baklava cakeAug 20, 2019
- 10 quick and easy dessertsAug 20, 2019
- Teriyaki salmonAug 19, 2019
- Pistachio, pink pepper & rose petal barkAug 19, 2019
- Garlicky mushroom pizzaAug 19, 2019
- Mushroom pie with minted mushy peasAug 18, 2019
- Mixed berry clafoutisAug 16, 2019
- Banoffee meringue with honeycombAug 15, 2019
- Spinach, cheese and potato cannelloniAug 15, 2019
- Pumpkin and maple bacon tarts with fried eggsAug 14, 2019
- Free-form mushroom and cheese tartAug 13, 2019
- Lumberjack cakeAug 11, 2019
- Salmon recipesAug 09, 2019