- 1 cup (150g) frozen raspberries, thawed
- 150 gram unsalted butter, softened
- 2/3 cup (110g) icing sugar
- 1 cup (150g) self-raising flour
- 2 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup (55g) caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cup (310ml) buttermilk
Pikelets with raspberry butter
- 1To make raspberry butter, push raspberries through fine sieve into small bowl; discard seeds. Beat butter and sifted icing sugar in small bowl with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in raspberry puree.
- 2Sift flour, cocoa and sugar into small bowl; whisk in egg and buttermilk.
- 3Heat greased large heavy-based frying pan; drop tablespoons of batter into pan. Cook pikelets until bubbles appear on surface; turn pikelets with metal spatula to brown the other side.
- 4Serve pikelets warm with raspberry butter and fresh raspberries.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Bread and butter picklesJan 14, 2019
- Scrambled tofu wrapsJan 14, 2019
- Vegan "shepherdless" pieJan 14, 2019
- Sashimi tuna poke bowlJan 14, 2019
- Apricot choc-chip muesli barsJan 10, 2019
- Prawn, kale, and chickpea tabboulehJan 10, 2019
- Classic carrot cake with cream cheese frostingJan 10, 2019
- Sweet potato brownies with espresso toppingJan 10, 2019
- Kale and quinoa frittataJan 10, 2019
- Sage & zucchini-wrapped haloumi saladJan 09, 2019
- Soft polenta with mushroom raguJan 09, 2019
- Spaghetti squash con quesoJan 09, 2019
- Mango cheesecake tart with palm sugar syrupJan 09, 2019