- 1 cup (150g) frozen raspberries, thawed
- 150 gram unsalted butter, softened
- 2/3 cup (110g) icing sugar
- 1 cup (150g) self-raising flour
- 2 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup (55g) caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cup (310ml) buttermilk
Pikelets with raspberry butter
- 1To make raspberry butter, push raspberries through fine sieve into small bowl; discard seeds. Beat butter and sifted icing sugar in small bowl with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in raspberry puree.
- 2Sift flour, cocoa and sugar into small bowl; whisk in egg and buttermilk.
- 3Heat greased large heavy-based frying pan; drop tablespoons of batter into pan. Cook pikelets until bubbles appear on surface; turn pikelets with metal spatula to brown the other side.
- 4Serve pikelets warm with raspberry butter and fresh raspberries.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Quick & easy minestroneYesterday 2:24am
- Salmon parcels with kipfler potatoesYesterday 12:03am
- 12 brussels sprouts recipesJul 18, 2019
- Ultimate greek saladJul 18, 2019
- Parsnip noodles with spicy lamb meatball raguJul 17, 2019
- 10 oat dessert and snack recipesJul 17, 2019
- Mint jellyJul 17, 2019
- 12 brilliant baked cheesecakesJul 17, 2019
- Roasted sumac chicken with baby vegetablesJul 16, 2019
- Pickled baby beetrootJul 16, 2019
- Easy bolognese recipesJul 16, 2019
- Layered banana butterscotch cakeJul 15, 2019
- French toastJul 13, 2019
- Fabulous French recipesJul 13, 2019
- Slow cooker beef rendangJul 13, 2019