- 9.5 centimetre round cutter
- 30 centimetre round cake board
- 1/2 x 460g packaged double unfilled sponge cake round (you only need 1 cake)
- 453 gram tub strawberry frosting
- 2 x mini jam rollettes
- 4 x 80g bags gold-foil covered chocolate coins
- 1 white marshmallow
- 1 black licorice stick
- 1 pink mini marshmallow
- 6 white m&m’s
- 1 red sour strap
- 3 centimetre piece licorice strap
Piggy bank cake
- 1Using cutter, cut a round from cake (cut from lower third of cake, not centre). Carefully lift out cut cake; reserve. Position larger cake piece on cake board, securing with a little frosting.
- 2Fill hole in larger cake with chocolate coins, reserving 4-5 coins for decoration.
- 3Carefully position reserved cake round on top of coins. Cut 1 jam rollette in half on the diagonal; using a little frosting, secure against bottom of cake for trotters.
- 4Cut a 1.5cm slice from remaining jam rollette; position on cake for snout, secure with a little frosting. Cut remaining piece of jam rollette in half on the diagonal; position on cake for ears, securing with a little frosting.
- 5Spread remaining frosting all over cake. Cut white marshmallow in half; position on cake, cut-side up, for eyes. Cut black licorice stick into thin rounds, secure to marshmallows for eyes. Cut mini marshmallow in half, position on snout. Position M&M’s on trotters.
- 6Cut triangles from sour strap; position on ears. Cut a 1cm x 3cm oval shape from licorice strap; position on top of cake for coin slot. Position reserved coins around edge of cake.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Rosé sangriaYesterday 11:53pm
- ChurrosYesterday 2:00pm
- SangriaYesterday 2:00pm
- Slow-cooker silverbeet dhalYesterday 10:20am
- SpanakopitaYesterday 6:57am
- Lamb birriaYesterday 6:40am
- Sesame Turkish ring breadsYesterday 3:32am
- 42 brilliant brownie recipesYesterday 2:29am
- Chilli con carneYesterday 2:15am
- 30 easy vegetarian curry recipesYesterday 12:18am
- 23 easy bread recipesMay 18, 2022
- VichyssoiseMay 18, 2022
- Classic margaritaMay 18, 2022
- Air fryer potato gratinMay 18, 2022
- Romesco sauceMay 18, 2022