Pies to go
- 500 gram lean beef mince
- 2 tablespoon plain flour
- 1 beef stock cube
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 4 frozen puff pastry sheets, partially thawed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
Pies to go
- 1Add mince to a heated, greased large frypan and stir over heat until browned all over. Sprinkle flour over mince, stirring over heat a further minute. Crumble stock cube into 250ml hot water. Add stock and tomato sauce to pan, stirring constantly until mixture boils and thickens. Remove from heat, cool slightly, then refrigerate until chilled.
- 2Cut pastry sheets into 3 long even strips. Spoon approximately 2 tablespoons of mince mixture along one end of a pastry strip, leaving a 2cm border. Brush border with egg then fold unfilled end of pastry over filled end to form a rectangular pie. Press edges together with a fork. Place pie on a lightly greased oven tray. Repeat process to make 12 pies.
- 3Brush pie tops lightly with egg and cut a small slit in the centre of each one.
- 4Bake in a 200°C (180°C fan forced) preheated oven for 20 minutes or until pastry is puffed and golden. Serve pies with extra tomato sauce.
Meat filling can be prepared a day ahead.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Chocolate chip cookiesMar 05, 2021
- Our best cupcake recipesMar 04, 2021
- TiramisuMar 04, 2021
- 20 indulgent dark chocolate recipesMar 04, 2021
- Easy hot cross bunsMar 04, 2021
- Meat piesMar 04, 2021
- Spaghetti marinaraMar 04, 2021
- Beef stroganoffMar 04, 2021
- Peanut butter and jelly french toastMar 04, 2021
- Perfect kids' party foodMar 04, 2021
- Curried sausagesMar 04, 2021
- TabboulehMar 04, 2021
- Harissa and maple pumpkin soupMar 04, 2021
- Lentil sausage rolls with tomato sumac saladMar 04, 2021