Make these beef taco pies in your pie maker for a simple dinner that is guaranteed to impress. An easy Mexican meal in under an hour.
Looking for more recipes for your pie maker?
- 10 x 15cm white corn tortillas
- 1 cup (120g) grated cheddar
- 1 cup (80g) shredded red cabbage
- 1 medium tomato (150g), chopped
- ½ cup (120g) guacamole
- ½ cup (120g) sour cream
- coriander leaves and lime wedges, to serve
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion (80g), chopped finely
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 500 grams minced beef
- 30 grams packet taco seasoning mix
- 400 grams can diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- ⅓ cup (80ml) beef stock
- 1To make taco filling, heat oil in a large frying pan; cook onion and garlic, stirring, until onion softens. Add beef; cook, stirring to break up lumps with the back of a spoon, for 5 minutes or until browned. Stir in seasoning mix, tomatoes, paste and stock; bring to the boil. Reduce heat; simmer, for 15 minutes or until thickened. Season to taste. Cool. (Makes 3½ cups.)
- 2Lightly grease and preheat a 4-hole (¾-cup/180ml) pie maker (see tips). Wrap tortillas in paper towel; reheat in the microwave on HIGH (100%) for 40 seconds. Keep warm in a clean tea towel. (Heating the tortillas will make them more pliable and prevents them from tearing.) Line prepared holes with tortillas, pressing into base and side.
- 3Spoon ⅓ cup taco filling and 1 tablespoon cheese into each tortilla case. Close lid; cook for 8 minutes or until cheese is golden. Remove taco pies; transfer to a wire rack. Repeat with remaining tortillas, taco filling and cheese to make 10 in total.
- 4Top pies with cabbage, tomato, guacamole and sour cream. Serve with coriander and lime wedges.
You can also use larger tortillas and cut to size using the pastry cutter provided. If you like a kick to your tacos, add a pinch of chilli flakes. The taco filling will keep frozen for up to 3 months. Thaw in fridge overnight before using.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Salad of roasted beetroot with goat's cheese and walnutsYesterday 2:00pm
- Iced vovosYesterday 2:00pm
- Salmon pattiesYesterday 2:00pm
- Picnic food ideasYesterday 1:58am
- Sri Lankan potato and pea curryYesterday 1:36am
- Japanese katsu chicken curryYesterday 1:24am
- Southern fried chickenSep 15, 2021
- 27 simple risottosSep 15, 2021
- 46 perfect pea recipesSep 15, 2021
- Karaage chicken with Sriracha mayonnaiseSep 15, 2021
- Marble cakeSep 15, 2021
- Fish fingers with mushy peasSep 15, 2021
- 24 amazing ways to use the humble onionSep 14, 2021
- 32 wonderful ways with cornSep 14, 2021
- Monte Carlo biscuitsSep 14, 2021