- 385 grams can apple pie slices
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 sheet frozen shortcrust pastry, thawed
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg, beaten lightly
- 1 small pink lady apple (100g) (see tips)
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon sugar
- 1Drain canned apple slices over a small bowl; reserve 1½ tablespoons of juice, then discard remainder. Combine apple, reserved juice, caster sugar, rind and cinnamon in a medium bowl. (Makes 1¾ cups.)
- 2Lightly grease and preheat a 4-hole (⅓-cup/80ml) pie maker.
- 3Using pastry cutter provided, cut four large rounds (11cm/4½in) from the shortcrust pastry and four small rounds (9.5cm/4in) from the puff pastry. Line prepared holes with shortcrust pastry rounds, pressing into base and side.
- 4Spoon ⅓ cup apple mixture into pie cases. Top with puff pastry rounds; press edges firmly to seal. Brush tops with egg. Decorate each pie with a fresh apple slice. Close lid; cook for 5 minutes or until golden brown.
- 5Serve pies warm, sprinkled with cinnamon sugar.
Use a mandoline or V-slicer to cut the unpeeled apple into thin slices; Slice at the last moment to avoid apple discolouring. These apple pies are best served on the day they are made, but will keep stored in an airtight container, in
the fridge for up to 3 days.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Coconut jam dropsToday 12:49am
- Corn and quinoa chowderYesterday 10:28pm
- Mexican pulled porkYesterday 2:00pm
- 18 sensational slow-cooked pork mealsYesterday 2:00pm
- Provencal beef stewYesterday 2:00pm
- Gluten free chickpea schnitzels and yoghurt sauceYesterday 2:00pm
- 31 Treats To Wow At Your School Fete or Election Day Cake StandYesterday 2:00pm
- Chicken saltimboccaYesterday 6:43am
- Healthy soup recipesYesterday 6:23am
- Slow-cooker honey mustard chickenYesterday 5:25am
- One-pot rice and chickenYesterday 4:29am
- Yoghurt wraps with pick-your-protein scrambleMay 16, 2022
- Quattro formaggio pizzaMay 16, 2022
- Chilli beans with tomato sauceMay 16, 2022